Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need credit and credit card experts !!!! please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i need credit and credit card experts !!!! please help

ten months ago i applied for american express blue cash and was denied with a credit score of 570 since then i have did alot of gardening by being added to some of my moms credit cards and opening two cards of my own. so heres my report as follows 

AU's:ALL CLEAN citi opened 5/1992 limit 25,030 high bal:24,075 now bal;2,046 .cap one opened 8/2010 limit 7,500 high bal:877.00 now:0 .hsbc opened limit 1,000 high bal:1,019 now bal:0

prim: home loan 198,000 month payment 165

mcu opened 4/2011 limit 1,000high bal:2,909 now bal:0

cap one 4/2011 500 high bal: 489 now bal:0

one baddie two years old payed off in full im looking to get the sapphire and blue cash i recieved pre screen offers for citi and blue sky amex.should i go for the cards i want

they are my goal 

fako privacy guard EQ;786 Ex:730 TU:746

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: i need credit and credit card experts !!!! please help

Why don't you pull your real Ficos to see where you really stand?

If they're in the 700's then go ahead! (Use the AMEX prequalifer first).

Note, though, that the AU stuff might be artifically inflating you.  Why not just post what you have?  (oh, and again, pull your FICOs, ignore those FAKOs).

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

ten months ago i applied for american express blue cash and was denied with a credit score of 570 since then i have did alot of gardening by being added to some of my moms credit cards and opening two cards of my own. so heres my report as follows 

AU's:ALL CLEAN citi opened 5/1992 limit 25,030 high bal:24,075 now bal;2,046 .cap one opened 8/2010 limit 7,500 high bal:877.00 now:0 .hsbc opened limit 1,000 high bal:1,019 now bal:0

prim: home loan 198,000 month payment 165

mcu opened 4/2011 limit 1,000high bal:2,909 now bal:0

cap one 4/2011 500 high bal: 489 now bal:0

one baddie two years old payed off in full im looking to get the sapphire and blue cash i recieved pre screen offers for citi and blue sky amex.should i go for the cards i want

they are my goal 

fako privacy guard EQ;786 Ex:730 TU:746

I'd wait until April or even May (get past the one year mark on MCU/Cap 1) before applying for anything, though the blue sky Amex isn't a bad choice right now to get in the door as you may not be approved for either the BCE/BCP or CS/CSP given the short term personal history.  AU accounts will only go so far, and some lenders will disregard them, especially if you don't get an automatic approval.  

There are always exceptions though so YMMV.

        
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok i just pulled myfico scores its EQ:763 no neg TU:716 one neg? i listed everything just in case it was relevant and yes ive been to the pre qualifying page with amex and was offerd blue sky gold plat and dlta amex cards which ive been pre screen for i also been pre screened by citi all of which is suppose to be for excellent credit but really just want the blue cash and sapphire 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're preapproved for Blue Sky you can apply for that and PC to Blue Cash once you open your account. That's the safer route. But I think with your scores you are ok to apply directly.

Edit: Just to clarify, Amex will let you PC any time from a no AF card to no AF card or from an AF card to a no AF card. The only time you have to wait 13 months is if you want to go from a no AF card to an AF card. Wow that was confusing lol.

Message 5 of 11
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're preapproved for Blue Sky you can apply for that and PC to Blue Cash once you open your account. That's the safer route. But I think with your scores you are ok to apply directly.

+1.  Don't overthink it, just do it.  If you're denied, call for a recon.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

dyv8914))))))ok will i be able to this right after application is approved and will it cause another inq

Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WAIT:

If you want Blue Cash whatever apply for that, don't apply for Sky just because you are pre-approved!

2. you can't open Sky and then PC anymore with new credit law from my understanding with Amex... and really not even credit law, just what i have seen with all others looking to PC...

3. No, never HP for CLI or PC with Amex.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ive been approved for sapphire preferred pulled EX ($5700) but ive been decllned for amex bcp i called the number provided by app they said its because of my derog 10 years old and my ex credit score was a 674 and the reasons are 

Serious delinquency.

Length of time accounts have been established.

Too few accounts currently paid as agreed.

Lack of recent installment loan information.

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months (2) amex 

did i call the right number what can i do what should i do and are their any cc companys that pull eq im in NJ

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

:and they said they pulled EX but i have a inquiry on EQ and thats my best score at a 763fico im confusedSmiley Sad

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.