Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need the gold card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i need the gold card

@espnjunkie wrote:

If you spend more than 30,000,00 on your card then yes it is justified. I was just saying that unless you are regularly spending tons on it then it is hard to justify the high annual fee. I use my new amex green to charge everything basically, although when buying a new pair of shoes I found it better to buy through the capital one perkscentral webpage to get a bonus 9% cash back (idk if that still gives me the 1% I normally get back as well or not). When buying 250.00 shoes I'll take $22.50 back over just getting 750 MR points. The 5X MR points at Macy's till the end of March isn't too shabby.

Everyone is different. Gold got me 2 free flights on Delta valued at around 1900. Points were worth much more than 1% and I didnt spend 19K through it to get those flights. It worked so well that platinum is supplimented by PR Gold. Gold is there best rewards card for MR points IMO and platinum is great for benefits.

Message 11 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

My major complaint is that the PRG has forex fees. If it wasn't for that, it'd be a no-brainer for me.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 15
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I think you should wait it out a bit. I've read many posts by you regarding AMEX cards. You've gone from green, to gold, to gold PR, to BCE. What's wrong with Zync. AMEX reminds me of how cats behave. They don't seem to like you at first, but after you earn their trust, they will finally give in and become your friend. I think you need to chill a bit. I don't mean to be rude, but just don't app for anything for a long long time. Build your history with AMEX and app later like way way later. It seems you are set on the fact that Zync is not good enough only for the status. I mean honestly most people on this site can't even get the Zync. Be happy. I love my Zync. I'm gardening now and will app for the BCE way way later. No rush though those products will be available to you in a few years from now. No way is AMEX gonna cancel their gold PR....

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 13 of 15
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

I think you should wait it out a bit. I've read many posts by you regarding AMEX cards. You've gone from green, to gold, to gold PR, to BCE. What's wrong with Zync. AMEX reminds me of how cats behave. They don't seem to like you at first, but after you earn their trust, they will finally give in and become your friend. I think you need to chill a bit. I don't mean to be rude, but just don't app for anything for a long long time. Build your history with AMEX and app later like way way later. It seems you are set on the fact that Zync is not good enough only for the status. I mean honestly most people on this site can't even get the Zync. Be happy. I love my Zync. I'm gardening now and will app for the BCE way way later. No rush though those products will be available to you in a few years from now. No way is AMEX gonna cancel their gold PR....

+1

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 14 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

@laboi_22 wrote:

+1

+2

You really should try to be more patient with Amex. As a conservative company, it takes awhile to earn their trust. You haven't even had your card for a month and you're already expecting an upgrade?

To Amex $1300 isn't much at all, and they're used to people pushing through much higher amounts than that. All things have their time and place, but given the cards you have and your FICOs - I don't think you're quite there yet.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.