Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i paid capital one 2DAYS LATE!!!!!!

tag
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

i paid capital one 2DAYS LATE!!!!!!

I thought i scheduled an online payment but i didnt. well my payment was due friday the 10th.. i had a family emergency on thursday so i just double checked online and i had not scheduled the payment, i just paid online and was charged a 39 fee... i will pay the fee but does anyone know if capital one will report this late on my credit... a friend of mine said she paid late and wasnt reported... i am going to call them tomorrow morning.

does anyone else know capital one is with reporting late payments?

thanks

FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Re: i paid capital one 2DAYS LATE!!!!!!

The general rule is that a creditor will not report you late on your credit report until you are 30 days late. Granted it seems like creditors' SOP is changing hourly...

You should be okay but call right away and see if you can get mercy on the late fee if you've never been late with them before. Best wishes!

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 2 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

It only get reported late to the CRA's if its 30 days late.  0-29 days are not reported late. 
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will not be reported to a credit bureau as "late." It takes past the second due date for most companies to report you.

Cap one will see in their system you were late. (that could be bad  for their internal risk monitoring--you really want to be carefull from now on with Cap one)

In all probability it is worth 30 minutes of your time to call Cap one and speak to a CSR and explain your situation and try for a good faith credit of the fee.

I mean 30 minutes for $39.00.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize this thread was started quite a while ago but I had to comment.  I had two months in a row where I was short on my payment $4.00 the first month and $2.00 the second.  I actually paid more than the additional amounts within a few days of the due dates but because I didn't pay the minimum by the due date for 2 months in a row, they raised my interest rate from 5.99% to almost 29%.  I called twice and was told that there wasn't anything they could do.  They would revisit my rate in a year if continued to make all payments on time.  Even threatening to pay off the card and cancelling it didn't faze them.  So right or wrong, I withdrew money from my Mutual Fund and my Roth IRA to pay them off. 

To me raising my rate to 29% is criminal just because I was short $6.00.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi welcome to the forums.

@Anonymous wrote:

I realize this thread was started quite a while ago but I had to comment.  I had two months in a row where I was short on my payment $4.00 the first month and $2.00 the second.  I actually paid more than the additional amounts within a few days of the due dates but because I didn't pay the minimum by the due date for 2 months in a row, they raised my interest rate from 5.99% to almost 29%.  I called twice and was told that there wasn't anything they could do.  They would revisit my rate in a year if continued to make all payments on time.  Even threatening to pay off the card and cancelling it didn't faze them.  So right or wrong, I withdrew money from my Mutual Fund and my Roth IRA to pay them off. 

To me raising my rate to 29% is criminal just because I was short $6.00.

But....you agreed to it. you did.

And if I was short by 1.00 on my car payment I would receive phone calls and late payments.  You did not pay for 2 months in compliance with the agreement you engaged to do your business under.

That was a pretty darn expensive $6.00 oversight.

I am sorry it cost you money, but that is how they do business.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usmc's right.  When we sign on with a credit card we have to remember what we are signing up with.  CC's are not our friend - they are power tools - they can work for us or create extensive damage.  Most people who have trouble with Crap One have not followed the rules they agree to and then are amazed at the results.  That happened to me before I understood the CC program needs to work FOR me - not the other way around.  If you carry a 0 balance on your cc, and schedule payments WELL ahead of time, then they are useful tools.  Otherwise they can (and will) bite you.  They are in business to make money (from you!)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.