Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i really want the chase sapphire preferred..need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i really want the chase sapphire preferred..need help

Hello everyone!

I would like to start that when i was young i was stupid with my credit. i took out 2 credit cards (1 for $300 and another for $1000) and maxed them in a small period of time. Being young and dumb i never paid them. That was 10 years ago. I am now 28 with a well paying job. I started my road to rebuilding with a small credit card from capital one. They gave me a secured card for $300 for only a $49 dollar deposit. I was excited to receive my first credit card and knew I had to take care of it. After that i was shopping at guitar center and applied for their store card which was approved for $500!! I felt like I was on a roll. 3 months later, I applied for the quicksilver one cash back card because I wanted a reward card. I was approved for $500. i had itchy fingers again and wanted a TV. Wal-Mart was giving me a deal of 12 months no interest if I applied for their card. I was approved for $400. I felt like that was going be the maxed on my credit limits. That I wasn’t going to be approved for anything higher. I then started to have car problems and had to apply for a car loan. (Which I was approved with Capital One for up to 30K). I stayed away from and hard hits on my credit for a while. One day I long on to pay me credit cards and i see my Quicksilver one credit limit was raised to $3,500!! I was beyond excited. So what I am trying to do is travel as much as I can with my girlfriend. So I was looking for the best travel card and the CSP looks like it is. I want to receive points for my every day spending. My credit card utilization is around 10%, I’ve never been late on any of my cards payments. MY Experian score is 648, Credit karma is only 614. I owe 20k on my auto loan and make around 70k a year income. Last but not least 4 hard inquiries in 1 year. What are my chances of being approved?

thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: i really want the chase sapphire preferred..need help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

I would like to start that when i was young i was stupid with my credit. i took out 2 credit cards (1 for $300 and another for $1000) and maxed them in a small period of time. Being young and dumb i never paid them. That was 10 years ago. I am now 28 with a well paying job. I started my road to rebuilding with a small credit card from capital one. They gave me a secured card for $300 for only a $49 dollar deposit. I was excited to receive my first credit card and knew I had to take care of it. After that i was shopping at guitar center and applied for their store card which was approved for $500!! I felt like I was on a roll. 3 months later, I applied for the quicksilver one cash back card because I wanted a reward card. I was approved for $500. i had itchy fingers again and wanted a TV. Wal-Mart was giving me a deal of 12 months no interest if I applied for their card. I was approved for $400. I felt like that was going be the maxed on my credit limits. That I wasn’t going to be approved for anything higher. I then started to have car problems and had to apply for a car loan. (Which I was approved with Capital One for up to 30K). I stayed away from and hard hits on my credit for a while. One day I long on to pay me credit cards and i see my Quicksilver one credit limit was raised to $3,500!! I was beyond excited. So what I am trying to do is travel as much as I can with my girlfriend. So I was looking for the best travel card and the CSP looks like it is. I want to receive points for my every day spending. My credit card utilization is around 10%, I’ve never been late on any of my cards payments. MY Experian score is 648, Credit karma is only 614. I owe 20k on my auto loan and make around 70k a year income. Last but not least 4 hard inquiries in 1 year. What are my chances of being approved?

thanks!!

Pretty slim to none unfortunately. I would address the things on your credit report that are lowering your score first, and then apply after that.

Message 2 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

thanks!!

Pretty slim to none unfortunately. I would address the things on your credit report that are lowering your score first, and then apply after that.

NewGuy is right. Unfortunately, your chances are slim to none. 

By next year, once the amount that you owe on your auto loan has decreased and inquiries aged, you will have a better chance. Stay away from applying, and use your current cards wisely. Try to increase their limits via SP. 

Message 3 of 6
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone!

thanks!!

NewGuy is right. Unfortunately, your chances are slim to none. 

By next year, once the amount that you owe on your auto loan has decreased and inquiries aged, you will have a better chance. Stay away from applying, and use your current cards wisely. Try to increase their limits via SP. 

Indeed. Also, it sounds like you have some baddies? I would look into addressing those as well, as that could provide a nice score bump.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

go to chase.com and check pre-qaul offers... you might have an offer for a Freedom... I would grab that and sit with that for 3-6 months and then go back for your CSP.

In the meantime you might be able to grab yourself a Barclay Arrival Card though and Discover it (Discover you can also check pre-qual right on it's website)

I would close your capital one secure card

how long have you had walmart and quitar center? if you have had 4 billing statements you should go online right now and request Credit line increases on both of those... neither of those will be hard pulls to credit.

Message 5 of 6
NoNonsense
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

go to chase.com and check pre-qaul offers... you might have an offer for a Freedom... I would grab that and sit with that for 3-6 months and then go back for your CSP.

In the meantime you might be able to grab yourself a Barclay Arrival Card though and Discover it (Discover you can also check pre-qual right on it's website)

I would close your capital one secure card

how long have you had walmart and quitar center? if you have had 4 billing statements you should go online right now and request Credit line increases on both of those... neither of those will be hard pulls to credit.

In whatever area of life, it's always a pleasure to watch a marksman at work...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.