Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i think the upromise mastsercard sucks.. :(

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

i think the upromise mastsercard sucks.. :(

In the past, i really thought that this is a great card for shopping online for that additional 5% cash back when using upromise mastercard. but i found that a lot of the transactions have the missing cash back bonus and no matter how many time i contacted them, they said they would investigate, but never really credited me. it was very clear that they gave the cash back on the upromise website itself, and it's enough to prove that i did use the site.. but even after providing the statement of the upromie mastercard, they wouldn't give the bonus from the card.. 

it's like a hit and miss, but mosts just miss.. quite useless .. kinda regret i apped for it.. ugh..

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: i think the upromise mastsercard sucks.. :(

I figure theres a reason its not popular. To be honest it seems like an annoying, convoluted rewards card. Not my cup of tea.
Message 2 of 8
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I agree with you.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 8
creditfan
Established Contributor

wonder if we can PC it to salli mae card

Message 4 of 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I don't think Barclays allows PC. But they do allow transferring credit limits to other Barclays cards.

I still like the FNBO SavingStar card for purchases through the online shopping mall. And the free EX score and SP CLI if you call FNBO every 4 months is great too. But definitely not an everyday card, more of a niche sort of thing.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to know.  I had seriously considered applying and they have been bombarding my inbox, since I have a child going away to college in the fall and a tiny bit of money with them through their cashback rewards online program.  Now I don't feel like I missed out on something!  I don't like when the reward process is difficult.  I am already using your product, reward me as promised!Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 8
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

UPromise = dud

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I don't think Barclays allows PC. But they do allow transferring credit limits to other Barclays cards.

I still like the FNBO SavingStar card for purchases through the online shopping mall. And the free EX score and SP CLI if you call FNBO every 4 months is great too. But definitely not an everyday card, more of a niche sort of thing.

Yep, that's what they told me when I tried with my old Juniper card.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.