Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i wanna call the backdoor # sooo bad!

tag
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

i wanna call the backdoor # sooo bad!

I have an orchard bank mc that I opened in May 08.

Initial CL was 300.  I hit the love button 6 months in with no love, send recon letter.  Was called on a Sunday morning offering a CLI of $100 with a soft inq and $25 fee.  I told her paying $25 for a CLI was crazy.  She offered it to me for 12.50....well I took the bait.

I have used and PIF the card every month since then.  My payment is due next week and I plan to PIF as usual, but I was reading the success stories of people who called the backdoor number with great success and I am itching to call right now!!!

Besides, I just paid off my PayPal (CL400) and Target (CL200) cards and am waiting for the reporting to update.  I use them and pay them every month too, but I have missed the reporting dates, so it always showed a balance. 

I guess 7 days won't kill me.......

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: i wanna call the backdoor # sooo bad!

I would call. They usually like PIF and reward for it.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

scottie_mommy wrote:

...Besides, I just paid off my PayPal (CL400) and Target (CL200) cards and am waiting for the reporting to update.  I use them and pay them every month too, but I have missed the reporting dates, so it always showed a balance. 

I guess 7 days won't kill me.......

Hang in there; you'll make it! You never want to ask for credit or credit increases when your reports aren't shined up to their spiffiest. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

I caved.  I called.

I was told that my application got sent to "manual something or other" as opposed to the automated system.  I was told that I would be contacted in 7-10 days.....guess we know what that means  Woman Sad

Unless, they tried to pull EX which is frozen.  Here's hoping.

My fingers will be crossed for the next 7 to 10 days

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, always wait till the report is "shined up" as stated above.  The patience can mean the not only the difference between yes and no, but in a larger increase.  When you are getting started with low limits like you have, patience, patience, patience.....and stop letting balances report on more than 1-2 card and only for low utilization under 10%.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.