Regular Contributor
scottie_mommy

i wanna call the backdoor # sooo bad!

I have an orchard bank mc that I opened in May 08.

Initial CL was 300.  I hit the love button 6 months in with no love, send recon letter.  Was called on a Sunday morning offering a CLI of $100 with a soft inq and $25 fee.  I told her paying $25 for a CLI was crazy.  She offered it to me for 12.50....well I took the bait.

I have used and PIF the card every month since then.  My payment is due next week and I plan to PIF as usual, but I was reading the success stories of people who called the backdoor number with great success and I am itching to call right now!!!

Besides, I just paid off my PayPal (CL400) and Target (CL200) cards and am waiting for the reporting to update.  I use them and pay them every month too, but I have missed the reporting dates, so it always showed a balance. 

I guess 7 days won't kill me.......

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: i wanna call the backdoor # sooo bad!

I would call. They usually like PIF and reward for it.
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

scottie_mommy wrote:

...Besides, I just paid off my PayPal (CL400) and Target (CL200) cards and am waiting for the reporting to update.  I use them and pay them every month too, but I have missed the reporting dates, so it always showed a balance. 

I guess 7 days won't kill me.......

Hang in there; you'll make it! You never want to ask for credit or credit increases when your reports aren't shined up to their spiffiest. :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
scottie_mommy

I caved.  I called.

I was told that my application got sent to "manual something or other" as opposed to the automated system.  I was told that I would be contacted in 7-10 days.....guess we know what that means  :womansad:

Unless, they tried to pull EX which is frozen.  Here's hoping.

My fingers will be crossed for the next 7 to 10 days

Senior Contributor
txjohn

Yup, always wait till the report is "shined up" as stated above.  The patience can mean the not only the difference between yes and no, but in a larger increase.  When you are getting started with low limits like you have, patience, patience, patience.....and stop letting balances report on more than 1-2 card and only for low utilization under 10%.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}