Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i was bad

tag
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: i was bad

Sadly I along with others have told him the same thing and he ignores the advice and keeps posting about closing accounts. I don't understand why anybody would close an account when it has no fees. You lose so much with AAoA, util and the inq. Unfortunately ive stopped trying to give him advice cause it seems like he don't listen

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:
So now that i will be getting freedom i have a goal of csp for 18 months from now. I will ask for cli on boa and chase at six and 12 months with no new cards until 10/13. I also plan on closing cap1, hd, jared, and bby during that time.

Appbar,

Closing Jared, HD and BB is a mistake. just don't use them. If they AA them closed, then oh well, you were going to close them anyways. The added age for AAoA and the CL for util is still helpful for you. Take the physical cards and put them away (far far away- like ask a parent or sibling to keep them for you.) and it will be just like closing them but with all the benefits of keeping them open. Closing the accounts will HURT your scores. Don't do any more damage.

Message 61 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i was bad

i shred all the cards i dont use x.x  but havent closed any

Message 62 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.