Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if you had to pick one card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you had to pick one card

What would you choose if you could only own one card?
Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: if you had to pick one card

Chase Ritz

Message 2 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have the American Express Platinum!

However, if it has to be one I currently have, it would be the Amex EveryDay. You can see the common theme amongst my choice cards...

Message 3 of 61
bz386
Frequent Contributor

If it was one credit card, it would certainly be the Chase Sapphire Preferred. If it was one card (full stop), I would say the Schwab debit card - no rewards, but also no fees whatsoever, anywhere in the world.

Message 4 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What would you choose if you could only own one card?

If I could only own one card. That is a tough call.  If SPG was not Amex, that would 100% unequivocally be the answer.  But since 10% of the time amex isnt accepted, that couldn't be my only card. (BTW I don't think we ever "own" the card and it is property of the issuing bank, not to nitpick but just popped into my head)

I would want the card to be like sams club mastercard, but not have such a high APR, or at least have BT offers.  Because of that, I will have to say if I could only have one card, it would probably be (thanks to themanwhocan) The Security Service Power Travel World Mastercard. 

https://www.ssfcu.org/en-us/loans-credit/credit-cards/Pages/travel-rewards.aspx

Purchase apr of variable 10.25 to 11.25%. BT 7.9% fixed, no ftfs, no cash advance fees, no BT fees, and even 0% for 6 months on cash advances. 3.3% cash back on gas, travel, and dining, and 1.1% on everything else.

Highly thinking about SOMEDAY taking a college class for CEUs or volunteering in their TX, CO, UT area just to qualify for this one.

Excellent question OP and great for discussion but these answers will vary wildly on a case by case basis.  All comes down to income, how they manage their money, if they travel, etc.  Excited to see some unique responses in this one!

Message 5 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier.

Message 6 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP or Amex PRG. 

Message 7 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCP for sure...groceries and gas are by far my largest expenses, and I buy most of my clothes at Kohl's, which is part of "select department stores."

Message 8 of 61
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

One that allowed me to carry a balance if needed without penalizing for itSmiley Happy Smiley Happy

In Seriousness, a Discover only cuz i cant have oneSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 61
creditguy
Valued Contributor

One that's got available credit and works when I slide it or the BCP.
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.