im thinking this will be my next card. Im wondering why its not talked about that much in the credit world, it seems like a win win to me.
if you stay at priority club hotels a couple of times a year this card will pay for it's self in no time, I think most people just don't want to be tied to one hotel chain where there are so many out there
Might be one of the best hotel cards out there based on AF and one free night per year worldwide. Point bonus for signing is good. I am happy I got the card.
99% of the time, I stay at priority club hotels.
Love the chain. I to hope to have a related car at some point.
I think it's not as well-known because PC doesn't have that many aspirational properties when compared to some of the other major players out there. Yes they have IC, but it has its own loyalty-benefits program (Ambassador) which is somewhat seperate from PC. Some of the major weaknesses of PC are:
* Seperate Priority Club and IC Ambassador programs. If you want Ambassador you need to pay $200 for it, or you can renew it for 32k points.
* Small number of high-end aspirational properties through PC
* Virtually non-existant elite benefits with PC, even at the platinum level
* Properties don't have to honor any elite benefits on award stays
* International IC hotels only offer 2000 points per stay regardless of location, stay duration or total amount spent
* PC points aren't worth very much, which makes the card a poor choice for general spending.
The main selling point of the card is the annual free night. Beyond that PC platinum doesn't get you much, there's no EMV chip, and there are better alternatives to put spending on.