Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
01-28-2013 05:22 PM
im thinking this will be my next card. Im wondering why its not talked about that much in the credit world, it seems like a win win to me.
01-28-2013 05:30 PM
if you stay at priority club hotels a couple of times a year this card will pay for it's self in no time, I think most people just don't want to be tied to one hotel chain where there are so many out there
01-28-2013 05:52 PM
99% of the time, I stay at priority club hotels.
Love the chain. I to hope to have a related car at some point.
01-28-2013 09:21 PM
I think it's not as well-known because PC doesn't have that many aspirational properties when compared to some of the other major players out there. Yes they have IC, but it has its own loyalty-benefits program (Ambassador) which is somewhat seperate from PC. Some of the major weaknesses of PC are:
* Seperate Priority Club and IC Ambassador programs. If you want Ambassador you need to pay $200 for it, or you can renew it for 32k points.
* Small number of high-end aspirational properties through PC
* Virtually non-existant elite benefits with PC, even at the platinum level
* Properties don't have to honor any elite benefits on award stays
* International IC hotels only offer 2000 points per stay regardless of location, stay duration or total amount spent
* PC points aren't worth very much, which makes the card a poor choice for general spending.
The main selling point of the card is the annual free night. Beyond that PC platinum doesn't get you much, there's no EMV chip, and there are better alternatives to put spending on.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.