Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im thinking...

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: im thinking...

@Revelate wrote:

Aren't those fairly recent tradelines from your app spree a few months ago?  You'd just be digging a 10 year hole for yourself by artificially depressing your AAoA for as long as the cards are on your reports.

This obsession just isn't healthy financially nor mentally.

I agree. This "obsession" seemed to be easily made fun of by him changing his username, but I am now seeing it really is not a healthy game.

Message 11 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@appbar1114 wrote:

BBY i will shop there but HD i wont for a while. plus the APR is 28% so even buying something is alot

How is 28% a lot when you pay in full?  You DO always pay in full, don't you?

Message 12 of 58
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Home Depot and Best Buy cards should ONLY be used for 0% financing offers and not for a carrying small balances at their ridiculously high APRs.  I think you should just pay off what you owe, get yourself in a PIF situation and then consider applying for lower interest cards if you need them.  Robbing Peter to pay Paul by xfering balances to a lower interest card probably is going to get you deeper into debt.  Those 0 balance cards are gonna become tempting to use and that's when the trouble begins...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 13 of 58
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Aren't those fairly recent tradelines from your app spree a few months ago?  You'd just be digging a 10 year hole for yourself by artificially depressing your AAoA for as long as the cards are on your reports.

I agree. This "obsession" seemed to be easily made fun of by him changing his username, but I am now seeing it really is not a healthy game.

Is this the same guy who kept apping for more cards and demanding attention for it. ie not really looking for help but loved the attention

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 58
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Is this the same guy who kept apping for more cards and demanding attention for it. ie not really looking for help but loved the attention

There were 2 guys. One turned out to be a liar and this one just a bit nutty/addicted. He creates probably 3-5 threads daily, says he is leaving, returns, will garden for 12 months, changes it to 6 months, and starts the game all over again. I made a comment a few weeks ago and nearly got my head taken off for stating the obvious. In any case...

Message 15 of 58
logan_720
Established Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

There were 2 guys. One turned out to be a liar and this one just a bit nutty/addicted. He creates probably 3-5 threads daily, says he is leaving, returns, will garden for 12 months, changes it to 6 months, and starts the game all over again. I made a comment a few weeks ago and nearly got my head taken off for stating the obvious. In any case...

When I first joined in February, I joined because I needed advice. Now I find myself giving out advice, as we all do, and I see it being ignored....as we all do. This is really starting to get frustrating, as he has no changed his name, to what they had been calling him, as if acknowledging the fact he is asking for our attention.

Message 16 of 58
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

When I first joined in February, I joined because I needed advice. Now I find myself giving out advice, as we all do, and I see it being ignored....as we all do. This is really starting to get frustrating, as he has no changed his name, to what they had been calling him, as if acknowledging the fact he is asking for our attention.

I remember you replied to the post I originally made weeks ago to not read his posts. As I said before when it's constantly coming up as a new thread you are bound to read it if you click by the title. From now on I will probably start reading the author when I think it's a post from him. To top it off I bet he will request this thread to be locked or some mod or admin will lock it thinking all of our comments are "going after him" in reality we are not. We are simply stating our beliefs in a diplomatic way and stating what is now abundantly clear. Some people take advice and that is what I love about this site. We are all here to improve, build, or rebuild our credit. If people are desperate for socialization I'm sure they can create their own blog or go find some friends somewhere. I'm all for soicalizing even on this site...BUT a line must be drawn between "im thinking" and "i saw" which are just getting people to read/comment to enable his drive for attention. I found that he also ignores or gets offened against you on purpose if he doesn't like the fact that you recognize his game. I can almost see it already. Sometime soon he will say after personal attacks it's his time to leave, etc. At this point even Admins/Mods should realize FICO is a company with real life situations. Credit isn't a game for children but for adults. It involves real money, real problems, and real people. 

Message 17 of 58
RyVision
Valued Contributor

There is one good thing I noticed with this thread.   Reading Appbars posts helps cure any slight app itch.

I had been thinking (LOL ok, it crossed my mind a few times, not so much serious thought) about trying again for BCE or BCP.   This thread (and others, cough cough) reminded me why I should wait; timing and patience.  It's only been 5 months since my last new account and 8 months since my Zync. That time has FLOWN by. And even with high UTIL, all my scores have done is gone up.  I'm probably not in a position to apply and be approved for BCP (though I'm curious about EX.... ).   So no reason I can't wait and watch some more time "fly by" for AAoA and INQs.

I mentioned to Appy (publicly) that he could become a contributing member of the forum. He has been, but not by wondering about what to app for next, there are other ways than asking about applying.  One of those ways is answering about what one knows, which I've seen him do before (at least the info was accurate).  I never thought he could become a reminder of why people should think before they go app happy.

So, if anyone feels the urge to app, just look up Appbars posts and start reading. 

I also have to say I thought he was keeping mostly 0 balances and had no need of a BT.  For someone that only wants 3 cards...............

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 18 of 58
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

His obsession with instant gratification will prove disastrous, before long.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 19 of 58
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Actually, after reading the OP again, I believe what we have here is somebody who has gone app-spree crazy and has already racked-up a lot of CC debt with no real way to PIF.

Ouch.

Hence the ? about consolidation.

Maybe he needs to learn the hard way about debt, like some of us already have?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.