Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

important question security freeze

tag
mousefai
New Contributor

important question security freeze

dear all,

got a question to ask and hope u can answer it.

my transunion report didnt look good compare to the other 2.

i am trying to apply a credit card from a lender, which i think they pull transunion.

if i put a security freeze (or fraud alert, but i dont think fraud alert can block lendere accessing the data), what will happen to the lender? will they just move to another agencies and pull from them? or the applciation will be cancel at all.

let me kknow if u have experience it. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: important question security freeze

What lender?

that will be faster to answer!

Message 2 of 16
mousefai
New Contributor

state farm, i believe they pull transunion

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 3 of 16
mousefai
New Contributor

but also in general,

what happen to a lender if they cant pull ur report since a security freeze is in there.

move to another agencies?

or cancel the applaction?

Message 4 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mousefai wrote:

state farm, i believe they pull transunion

im not sure with them... many computer systems will throw it for review or deny it... then you can call and either they will tell you to unlock for them to access or you "may" get them to manual pull a different report...

Message 5 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Most lenders will either ask you to unfreeze, cancel the app or pull another bureau. If it's an exclusive puller of TU they will probably ask you to unfreeze.

However, putting a freeze in order to have a lender pull a different bureau for the primary reason of deceiving or evading negative activity is unethical.
Message 6 of 16
mousefai
New Contributor

to 09lexie

let me tell u what i have a thought of that.

for some reason, 3 of my credit card didnt report to transunion but they did report to equifax and experian.

however, those accounts have like 10 years of history and good payment and on time payment etc.........

so i think it will be more FAIR if they lender can see my TRUTH report, which r the other 2 report.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY THOSE LENDER WILL NOT REPORT TO TRANSUNION BUT REPORT TO THE OTHER 2. 

hope it clarify ur questions. 

Message 7 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Unfortunately, lenders are not required to report to all 3 bureaus. From the cards in your siggy, all of them report to 3 bureaus. I'd suggest using whogavemecredit.com to find lenders who primarily pull Ex/EQ.
Message 8 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@mousefai wrote:

to 09lexie

let me tell u what i have a thought of that.

for some reason, 3 of my credit card didnt report to transunion but they did report to equifax and experian.

however, those accounts have like 10 years of history and good payment and on time payment etc.........

so i think it will be more FAIR if they lender can see my TRUTH report, which r the other 2 report.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY THOSE LENDER WILL NOT REPORT TO TRANSUNION BUT REPORT TO THE OTHER 2. 

hope it clarify ur questions. 

call those 2 lenders and ask them to report.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BUT since this is about State Farm... WHY?? The cards suck! (sorry)

They have been known not by much on here but as just sock drawer cards that people have gotten over the years, I have never read someone say they got it and love it and use it as a daily card... the new capital one quicksilver beats out any and all of the state farm (although i did post about some diamond one last month)

so why even bother?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.