Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: impulse.

While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL
 
Just another reason why I love Discover.  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: impulse.



haulingthescoreup wrote:
As I understand it, you can have several cards simultaneously, all with the same account number.




This is very true. My GF has 2 Discover cards with separate designs. Both are functional.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: impulse.



WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL

 

Just another reason why I love Discover.  Smiley Wink





Did you say keychain card Peas? Happen to have a link to it? I'd like to see that.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: impulse.



FretlessMayhem wrote:


WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
While on vacation I recently lost my wallet with my Disc More Dog Bones card in it.  I called to report it lost/stolen and was a bit freaked because I was left with ZERO cards, except my Discover2Go keychain card.  The CSR was able to deactivate JUST the Dog Bones design and let the 2Go and the Blue Circles (sockdrawered) stay active.  This was a relief because I  at least had a CC with me -- even if some cashiers weren't sure how to use it.  LOL

 

Just another reason why I love Discover.  Smiley Wink





Did you say keychain card Peas? Happen to have a link to it? I'd like to see that.

http://www.discover2go.com/discover/data/d2go/homeanipop.html
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,157
Registered: ‎05-21-2008
0

Re: impulse.

Huh, I was picturing a typical shaped keychain card with paywave or something similar.  I haven't seen those on Discover's site, though I have gotten emails about it.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: impulse.



thrasher865 wrote:
Huh, I was picturing a typical shaped keychain card with paywave or something similar.  I haven't seen those on Discover's site, though I have gotten emails about it.



It's a bit bulky, but I'm sticking with it.  Smiley Wink
 
Heh, of course, it allowed me to pay for my hotel room after everything else was gone! 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: impulse.



WhirledPeasPlease wrote:









Thanks Peas! It does raise a couple of concerns though. Like if you lose your keys, someone may gain access to your CC, likewise if you were to get carjacked.

Is it simply for the convenience of not having to dig through your wallet every time? Does it do blink transactions?
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: impulse.



FretlessMayhem wrote:


WhirledPeasPlease wrote:









Thanks Peas! It does raise a couple of concerns though. Like if you lose your keys, someone may gain access to your CC, likewise if you were to get carjacked.

Is it simply for the convenience of not having to dig through your wallet every time? Does it do blink transactions?



Convenience.  I often forget I have it, tho.  It's much easier for me to just drag out the wallet.  (Well, it was when I had one, lol.  I'm living out of a little pouch at the moment.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: impulse.




WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Convenience.  I often forget I have it, tho.  It's much easier for me to just drag out the wallet.  (Well, it was when I had one, lol.  I'm living out of a little pouch at the moment.)




Lost your wallet in Vegas? I understand, paying back the cash advances can get old quick Smiley Wink

J/K of course.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: impulse.



FretlessMayhem wrote:



WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Convenience.  I often forget I have it, tho.  It's much easier for me to just drag out the wallet.  (Well, it was when I had one, lol.  I'm living out of a little pouch at the moment.)




Lost your wallet in Vegas? I understand, paying back the cash advances can get old quick Smiley Wink

J/K of course.


LOL, different vacation - just a quickie trip to visit a former co-worker.  Am I a jet-setter or what?
 
I only took ONE cash advance, sheesh!  And that was directly from my money market acct!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.