Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in need of ADVICE! Disputing a claim!

tag
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

in need of ADVICE! Disputing a claim!

Well I called Discover to see an update on my app stataus, got accepted, but the rep on the phone said something about a late payment on my Zales Jewelry card which was the inital reason for the hold on the app. I remeber this now, dec. 11' my wife went to the zales store inquiring the salesman how much to pay off my balance on the card. I dont remember exactly but it was around $200.00. Like 2 months later I recieve a letter saying i was late on payment for such $9.00 so I had to pay that and a late fee. I was furious so we wnt down to Zales and I told them why do I have to pay when the sales person told me the wrong amount. Long story short I paid the fee and left ticked off. 

Now its 8 months after the fact and I just want it off my credit reprt.. Any advice?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: in need of ADVICE! Disputing a claim!

@iMacDrew wrote:

Well I called Discover to see an update on my app stataus, got accepted, but the rep on the phone said something about a late payment on my Zales Jewelry card which was the inital reason for the hold on the app. I remeber this now, dec. 11' my wife went to the zales store inquiring the salesman how much to pay off my balance on the card. I dont remember exactly but it was around $200.00. Like 2 months later I recieve a letter saying i was late on payment for such $9.00 so I had to pay that and a late fee. I was furious so we wnt down to Zales and I told them why do I have to pay when the sales person told me the wrong amount. Long story short I paid the fee and left ticked off. 

Now its 8 months after the fact and I just want it off my credit reprt.. Any advice?

Call Zales Customer Service / Account Disputes / Credit Reporting department and discuss with them.  I had success in 2007 on removing lates from 2006 that were caused by a change of address and not receiving my statement in the mail.   Try to get the problem resolved first with honey, then with vinegar...  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: in need of ADVICE! Disputing a claim!

k ill try to call them first...

I called Zales, and they gave me a number to citi bank for inquiries through their diamond card. The woman on the bank told me that they do not handle disptutes since theyve already been reported. so I went ahead and filed them through the 3 cb's. Idk if she was just trying to avoid working or was telling me the truth but i guess i just have to wait a month to hear back from all 3 cb.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.