Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in need of some cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

in need of some cards

ok so about a month ago i was trying to get some cards but i had some derogs...u can see my scores went up cuz i got the derogs removed from all 3 places. so i just need some recommendations on some cards. im hoping to get a few cards with 4000-5000 cl each. thx in ahead for any help you can provide me with 6/22/08 FICO---TU-654 EQ-646 EX-626

Message Edited by ruggiero06 on 06-22-2008 09:06 AM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: in need of some cards

Wait till your score creep up to the mid 6's and you'll have much better success apping than you currently would!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok considering you didnt give much information about anything else listed on yr CR your score is needed but CC companies also look at the total pic! So if you have other CL as high as possibly 3500CL then your chances are better most banks base it off the CL you have exsiting on your report! What type of card are you interested in TRavel rewards cashback there so many to choose from! Chase is pretty decent so is Bof America!!! Also Capital one! 
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 2 cards on my credit report. 1 is a credit one bank (i hate this **bleep** card) with a CL of 300 i have had it since april of 07 with no lates. I also have a capital on card with a cl of 500 i have had it since december of 06 with no lates. i have nothing else on my cr besides those 2 cards.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend Hooters Mastercard, you'll probably get $500 limit.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so i apped for 2 cards Juniper Carnival Sea Miles. It says on here they pull TU which is my strongest score. But it said they would have to review it and would let my know in 10 business days. Justice Federal Credit Union Visa Classic. and it says here they pull EQ which is still strong and they said they would let me know in one business day. so what should I do. should I wait on their response or should I call today?

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Hooters MasterCard Card, subject to verification of the information provided in your application. If we need any additional information, we will notify you within the next two weeks. Once the verification process has been satisfied, you will be issued your new card(s). Please allow an additional two weeks for delivery. YAY :]

Message Edited by ruggiero06 on 06-22-2008 04:53 PM
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

any info guys???
Message 7 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ruggiero06 wrote:
ok so i apped for 2 cards Juniper Carnival Sea Miles. It says on here they pull TU which is my strongest score. But it said they would have to review it and would let my know in 10 business days. Justice Federal Credit Union Visa Classic. and it says here they pull EQ which is still strong and they said they would let me know in one business day. so what should I do. should I wait on their response or should I call today?

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Hooters MasterCard Card, subject to verification of the information provided in your application. If we need any additional information, we will notify you within the next two weeks. Once the verification process has been satisfied, you will be issued your new card(s). Please allow an additional two weeks for delivery. YAY :]

Message Edited by ruggiero06 on 06-22-2008 04:53 PM

Justice has recently been terribly backed up and slow to approve. You might as well start calling tomorrow morning, if they don't get back to you today.

I think that's the classic message back from Hooters. Might be worth calling them Tuesday or Wednesday to see if they need more info about your address, etc.

Congrats on where you are so far, but I would take a brief break and go visit a local CU next, one that offers credit cards. Almost all of them pull EQ. You can print out your most recent FICOs, scores and reports, and ask a loan officer to look them over and give a best opinion as to whether you would qualify, or if you'd do better to wait 3 months, etc. If you find one that you like, you can then authorize them to do the hard pull.

When people ask about "what else you have on your credit reports," they're asking what problems you have on there that are keeping down your scores, not so much what other credit you currently have.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thx for the info...and as far as problems...i have absolutely nothing else what so ever on any of my reports
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so i spoke with JFCU and they said i was approved for the 3,000 on the Visa Classic that i applied for. I asked if I can get high CL cause i was being generous and she said I should be eligible for 10,000 and she would send it in for 10,000 and if im not approved for 10,000 i still get the 3,000 i was initially approved for. But, here where it gets crazy. She asked for my eligibility for JFCU and I'm not in any if the things they list. She said i can join NSA (national sheriff's association). The fee to join is only 20 bucks and once I get my confirmation email stating i'm an official member in the next week or so I send that email along with my notarized copy of my driver license JFCU membership form, and last paycheck stub. And when she needed some1 to help answer some of my questions of my 2nd source of income (money from parents for going to college) she said i wouldnt need to show proof of that (i have no way to lol) and that my CL would be 5,000 :] So now im just waiting on this email while I gather this other stuff.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.