Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactive credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inactive credit cards

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

If a revolving TL remains unreported for six months or longer it becomes dormant. Dormant accounts are removed from the UTIL equation.

That's good to know!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inactive credit cards

@Anonymous wrote:
it's a target credit card and had it since 04. I was thinking of just closing it since it's only 500 dollars. But I kind of want to close the bridgestone card because it can only be used at one place but I've had it since 02.  I'm torn. That's why i was wondering instead of closing either, could I just keep it open without any activity? my question is, is no activity with no balance bad for the credit score?

how old are the two cards you're actively using?

It looks like you're keeping an eye on your utilization and your AAofA.  Do the math and figure out how utilization will be affected by closing one or both of these cards; and then do the math to see how your AAofA will be affected (effected? - um, I think it's affected).

Fused did a lovely thread re: closing your accounts.  Click on helpful threads at the top of the Credit Cards forum, then click on Closing Credit Cards - or click on it here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=117125&jump=true

If an account is doing something useful for you, you might choose to leave it open.  On the other hand, if it's a bother, you may choose to close it.  Don't leave it open just out of fear of closing it.  Either way, you're probably fine.  IMHO:  I'd be fairly likely to close the Target card.  You'd be fine.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.