Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

income question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: income question

This isn't difficult.  It isn't income.  If you earn interest from the money market account that would be income but the account itself is not income and should never be listed as so in a cc application.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

i see..

@Anonymous wrote:
You might think of it this way: if you said 100k and then down the road they asked for pay stubs or tax documents, they'd probably be more than a bit miffed at the discrepancy.

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

no problem, its basically my parents setting me up early i guess. i had close to 100k but i invested some of that buying vacant lots to build houses. 

NO mickey mouse business here lol

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Yes, they're asking for all the income that's accessible to you, so that counts. What it'll like to know is how you have a savings money market account with65k but you only make35k... Wait actually that's non of my businesslol

Nice.. Good parents you have... For minute, I thought it was all you tube revenue as I know some people rake in mega bucks from thereSmiley Tongue

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is assets, not income.  

cant wait to finish school! 

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a theory for you. If you made taxable profit from your side-business of property investment then you may use it as income.

Do with that what you will. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's up to you unless you want to justify it as a side business income if by chance you need to verify on an occasional card.

You may not want to stretch things so far as to go from $35,000 to $100,000. Find a happy medium. With Am Ex however listing the $65,000 under assets (liquid) would be helpful.

With your real estate business you can estimate what you think you would do in deals and use that. But again if you are doing a transaction where income needs to be vetified, go with the salary unless you have some actual 1099's to supplement your work income.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. !

i wish my youtube accts would generate that much a year. but it does break a couple thousands a year. Smiley Very Happy that's what pays for my tech stuff 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

no problem, its basically my parents setting me up early i guess. i had close to 100k but i invested some of that buying vacant lots to build houses. 

NO mickey mouse business here lol

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Yes, they're asking for all the income that's accessible to you, so that counts. What it'll like to know is how you have a savings money market account with65k but you only make35k... Wait actually that's non of my businesslol

Nice.. Good parents you have... For minute, I thought it was all you tube revenue as I know some people rake in mega bucks from thereSmiley Tongue

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats correct , im in the process of building a house in the lot i purchased. and when i sell it i can see it being able to bump up my income for the profits.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a theory for you. If you made taxable profit from your side-business of property investment then you may use it as income.

Do with that what you will. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 40
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Oops... Don't listen to me lol... And I second that Irish.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

as in stocks and bonds no.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's up to you unless you want to justify it as a side business income if by chance you need to verify on an occasional card.

You may not want to stretch things so far as to go from $35,000 to $100,000. Find a happy medium. With Am Ex however listing the $65,000 under assets (liquid) would be helpful.

Do you have any money invested?

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.