Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info please barclays turned me down 782 fico

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: info please barclays turned me down 782 fico

jjmcc323 wrote:

just got turned down for bank atlantic card, they pulled tu which has socre of 782 no lates or bad at all and still turned me down

this is second time in 6 months same job same address 14 years credit utl 3%

any info would help ex 707 eq 702 

they told me not enough credit , my utl on tu is 3% with about 70000.00

available credit history is 45 years.

(emphasis mine)

Before the Great Credit Crunch, I found that Barclay's was more likely to extend generous credit lines to those who had good scores, but not a lot of existing credit. At any rate, this was what their CSR told my bruised ego, and it does seem supported by many of the posts I read here. Maybe with the crunch, they have broadened this to not extending credit at all to those that they think don't "need" it.

Just a thought.

We all need to realize that banks are doing made-up-on-the-spot credit triage, in an attempt to minimize the amount of extended credit. They're all trying different tactics to accomplish this, and they seem bizarre to us, but they're pretty obviously the result of some quickly-cooked-up internal algorithm.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Barclay/Juniper does seem to be one of those rare birds that will torpedo app's from those with "too good" credit that would seem not to need the credit. They also have used (total CL's)/(HHI) against high achievers in the past. If you are a high achiever, Barclay/Juniper is a good outfit to stay away from. If you think this is flakey read up on what they might do to you later!

I have numerous pre-app offers from Barclay/Juniper and won't touch them. I don't need the drama!

Message 12 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

The quickly cooked up algorithm is this. Use a good portion of the limit on our card or we will decrease your limit. So far I have received CLD's from Barclays and Citi. Barclays I don't care about Citi I still have 1 card left with a decent limit. 
Message 13 of 15
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Lots of generalizations about Barclay's on here, but much of this info is very card specific...and most of it seems directed at their basic card offerings.  Barclay's also offers/boards some very prime cards....such as the Ameriprise World Elite, which, with a $150 annual fee and great benefits, is very much targeted at prime credit customers.  People with high current credit limits and prime scores are not going to be refused on that card for having those characteristics.  Just sayin'....YMMV.
Message 14 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@TangMeister wrote:
Lots of generalizations about Barclay's on here, but much of this info is very card specific...and most of it seems directed at their basic card offerings.  Barclay's also offers/boards some very prime cards....such as the Ameriprise World Elite, which, with a $150 annual fee and great benefits, is very much targeted at prime credit customers.  People with high current credit limits and prime scores are not going to be refused on that card for having those characteristics.  Just sayin'....YMMV.

[COUGH!]

Tang -

You know there are tons of threads on here from persons to whom Barclay/Juniper has done great wrongs. I wouldn't trust them as far as any card withing my grasp is concerned and that would be most of 'em.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.