Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

info please barclays turned me down 782 fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

info please barclays turned me down 782 fico

just got turned down for bank atlantic card, they pulled tu which has socre of 782 no lates or bad at all and

still turned me down this is second time in 6 months same job same address 14 years credit utl 3%

any info would help ex 707 eq 702  they told me not enough credit , my utl on tu is 3% with about 70000.00

available credit history is 45 years

Message Edited by jjmcc323 on 01-01-2009 07:42 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: info please barclays turned me down 782 fico

jjmcc323 wrote:

just got turned down for bank atlantic card, they pulled tu which has socre of 782 no lates or bad at all and

still turned me down this is second time in 6 months same job same address 14 years credit utl 3%

any info would help ex 707 eq 702

What reasons for denial did they give you the first time?  Have you gotten their denial explanation letter for this one?

(edited b/c I'm not entirely awake yet, apparently)

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-01-2009 07:39 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's obvious.  You're WAY TO GOOD for them.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree here, u are too good for them, but you also applied at the ending of a TERRIBLE 4th quarter when there is a running credit FREEZE. I would like to hear what that denial letter says. Keep us posted.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

just got turned down for bank atlantic card, they pulled tu which has score of 782 no lates or bad at all and

any info would help ex 707 eq 702  they told me not enough credit , my utl on tu is 3% with about 70000.00

available credit history is 45 years

Message Edited by jjmcc323 on 01-01-2009 07:42 AM

It is now getting to the point that people like yourself but who have been reading here for awhile, are starting to NOT take it personally as these banks just don't have the money to lend. They are grabbing at staws and designing there own credit qualifying criteria with formulas that only made since to them. Banks are in hysteria and we've seen little to no logic in there business making policies in the last 6 months.
Message 5 of 15
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about the denial for a second time.  Well, your TU score is great, but what's reporting on EX and EQ that's keeping their FICO score 80+ points lower?  Barclay's could have very well soft inquired on those reports during the pull, unless you froze them. 

Also, it's been mentioned on another credit board that Barclay's sometimes looks at Lexis Nexus in conjunction with the big CRA they pull (usually TU), when making credit decisions. My guess is, there's something in your credit history they don't like, and the stated denial reason may or may not be the real reason.  

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

tu number is much higher because they dont list my mortgage or many other credit cards i have, the

707 and 702 from eq and ex are much more true to my credit history, but i check and they pulled only

tu score which is 782 ,  i would hate to think the standard for credit in 2009 will be score over 782 to 

get credit card 

Message 7 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Be thankful Barclays/Juniper turned you down. 
Message 8 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

just curious, if you don't mind sharing- why would you want juniper being that you probably have a lot of other options w/ your strong credit profile (even in dark times)?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a card with them for many years.  In 9/08 I tried to use mine to pay my water bill online DECLINED.  I called them up right away and I was advised that my account was sold to Bank of America the previous week and they closed my old account number.

I was never notified that my account was being sold. I had no idea until I was declined for a purchase.

Sure enough, 2 days later a letter arrives from Bank of America along with my new replacement card and balance transfer checks.

You would think they would be decent enough to just send me a letter letting me know what was going on.

This was from Juniper Bank aka Barclays

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.