Reply
Contributor
umut
Posts: 133
Registered: ‎03-06-2012
0

inquiries

after how many months the banks doesnt take serious about the too many inquiries

Frequent Contributor
mmduluth
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: inquiries

I would say 6-12

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Established Contributor
dyv8914
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: inquiries

I think its 12 months and inquiries no longer count towards FICO scoring.

Moderator
pizzadude
Posts: 9,674
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: inquiries


dyv8914 wrote:

I think its 12 months and inquiries no longer count towards FICO scoring.



+1.  Inquiries remain visible on your reports for 2 years but are only counted in scoring for 1 year. 

 

And it varies by creditors in terms of how many inquries is too many, and also when creditors stop counting inquiries as recent ~ they might look over the past 6 or even 12 months.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
SwiftTone
Posts: 1,026
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: inquiries

I applied for my first Chase account back in 11/2011. On my credit report on myfico, it says "you have no inquiries affecting your FICO score"

 

 

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$12,500, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 734
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi
Posts: 1,970
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: inquiries


umut wrote:

after how many months the banks doesnt take serious about the too many inquiries


as stated below, its 1 year for fico scoring but reports for two years, but never discount that they may report excessive INQ's as the reason for denial even if its just 2, if they denied for other internal reasons they don't want to tell you. Why else would you see people getting prime cards with 6, 8, 10, or even 20 INQ's and some people are denied for having 2. 

 

 


Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Sally Mae5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 12/15/2014
Valued Member
singulardedication
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: inquiries


SwiftTone wrote:

I applied for my first Chase account back in 11/2011. On my credit report on myfico, it says "you have no inquiries affecting your FICO score"

 



FYI Chase may have pulled a different Credit Bureau so its not showing on your myFico report.  


Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
SwiftTone
Posts: 1,026
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: inquiries

[ Edited ]

singulardedication wrote:


SwiftTone wrote:

I applied for my first Chase account back in 11/2011. On my credit report on myfico, it says "you have no inquiries affecting your FICO score"

 



FYI Chase may have pulled a different Credit Bureau so its not showing on your myFico report.  


 

You were right, myfico TU and EQ didn't show the inqury but my experian showed it on the report.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$12,500, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 734
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Established Contributor
logan_720
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: inquiries


pizzadude wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

I think its 12 months and inquiries no longer count towards FICO scoring.



+1.  Inquiries remain visible on your reports for 2 years but are only counted in scoring for 1 year. 

 

And it varies by creditors in terms of how many inquries is too many, and also when creditors stop counting inquiries as recent ~ they might look over the past 6 or even 12 months.


Discover denied me for inquiries that were in the18-24 month range.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}