cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invited to apply: The Choice Privileges® Visa® card by Barclays/what score & who do they pull??

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

invited to apply: The Choice Privileges® Visa® card by Barclays/what score & who do they pull??

The Choice Privileges® Visa® card is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.

Ohhhhhh, I really want this card since we travel quite a bit. I was invited to apply but before I do, was wondering who Barclays pull and what kind of score they are looking at. I've had some recent cards opened and my scores are great according to myfico, but I don't want to waste a HP if I know its a no-go. HELP!!!

thanks to everyone for all the info. I am a smart and savvy consumer because of this forum! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: invited to apply: The Choice Privileges® Visa® card by Barclays/what score & who do they pul

Barclays pulls TU, not sure of the scores they will approve...depends on the card I guess.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 7
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: invited to apply: The Choice Privileges® Visa® card by Barclays/what score & who do they pull

They almost always pull TU but if you have to do a recon they will often do a hp on either EQ or EX.  With your TU score you shouldn't have any problem getting approved.  Do a search in several places and compare the sign up bonus they are offering in your invite against others you might find.  When I got mine last year they were offering 24,000 points on the website but I found another link and got 40,000. 

Message 3 of 7
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

Re: invited to apply: The Choice Privileges® Visa® card by Barclays/what score & who do they pul

ok. sounds good! I just wanted to be very certain. Yeah they are giving away 2 free nights and like some insane amount of points with your first nights stay at any choice hotel. Immediately my hand started twitching to complete the app I have a lot of inquires tho...either way I guess I will pull the trigger. AHHHH. Thank you!!!!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 7
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I haven't seen your offer and I'm sure you read it carefully but be aware that while many cards actually offer 1 or 2 free nights with signup, Choice typically doesn't.  They offfer a certain number of points, some on first use and more upon your first paid stay that when combined will get you up to 2 free nights if you can find one of their properties for 8,000 points per night (that you would actually want to stay at).  You do get gold status with the card but I haven't noticed any perks that go along with it.  If you stay at their hotels a lot then it is a good card to have but if not then you can find better deals out there. 

Message 5 of 7
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

you are absolutely correct. So I go back and reread the offer. I have to stay AND pay to get the points and after reading some other forum reviews its not that much that their giving. I am already a Gold status so not many additonal  perks. Thanks for talking me off the ledge, I am officially putting away the trigger-app finger and waiting for a better offer! Appreciate ya! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

when you apply theres always a good chance the system will auto deny, if it does make sure to call in and do the RECON. BARCLAYS is absolutely AWESOME with recons and Usually DO NOT do another HP but rather they will go over your TU report that the system pulled, they will ask you a few questions and as long as your answers are good they will more than likely Approve you. I just recently obtained a BARCLAYS card and had to recon and they DID NOT do another HP, just a few Questions and BAM i was Approved! GOODLUCKSmiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.