Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irritated w/ low cl with amex and chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

irritated w/ low cl with amex and chase

I'm really irritated with my low credit limits with Chase Freedom and AMEX Bluecash Everyday. They are $1000 bucks each. I spend 600,800 a month each card per month. I've had both of these cards since November. I know chase freedom requires a hard pull to increase credit line. Bluecash Everyday has a soft pull cl increase link did that and they give me that generic "you will receive a response in 7-10 business days". 694 TU, 689 EQ according credit karma.    Smiley Mad Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: irritated w/ low cl with amex and chase

I know how you feel--trust me. You need to find out what your real FICO scores are because Credit Karma is usually WAY off from your real scores. Also, one thing I noticed about Amex with me, is that even though they approved me with 2 baddies on my report (2 collection accounts), they denied every CLI attempt I tried until those baddies fell off my report. Everybody is different though. With Chase I've been stuck at the same low CL for over a year now. I think with Amex and Chase income is a really big factor, especially your DTI ratio (although to be fair that is an important factor with most lenders).

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i go about getting my legitimate credit score? sorry im a rookie. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel, my American Express Everyday Card has been a low limit for a while now, as for my Chase it has not moved. My suggestion would be to work on the reasons they gave you for the denial and once those are met give it another go. Eventually they will increase with a better Credit file as time moves on.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can obtain your scores right here at MyFICO. At the top of the page it shows Compare Our Products. The 3B report will get you all 3 FICO 08 scores as well as other FICO score versions such as auto enhanced, mortgage scores, bankcard scores. AMEX should also be giving you your Experian FICO 08 score by now if I'm not mistaken.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can obtain your scores right here at MyFICO. At the top of the page it shows Compare Our Products. The 3B report will get you all 3 FICO 08 scores as well as other FICO score versions such as auto enhanced, mortgage scores, bankcard scores. AMEX should also be giving you your Experian FICO 08 score by now if I'm not mistaken.

^^^^ +1. You can get your real FICO scores from here. It's $30 a month, but you can cancel anytime. As the above poster stated, Amex should be giving you a free Experian FICO score once a month. Do you have any other credit cards? I ask because some other lenders also give a free monthly FICO score, but which bureau depends on the lender.

Message 6 of 18
jbsea
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how do i go about getting my legitimate credit score? sorry im a rookie. 

You can get your ex report from amex.  It is the one that they use... It should be to the right when you log in.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 7 of 18
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

For AMEX it may have to do with the card because I applied on the same day for the AMEX Everyday Card and the AMEX Delta Gold. The AMEX ED card approved with $1K ... yikes Smiley Sad ..... The AMEX Delta Gold .... $10K ... Yay!! Go figure??! 

I was "lucky" with my Chase Freedom. I had a Washington Mutual Credit Card and they were very generous since they were not the big popular credit card so I got a $12K limit with them. Well Chase bought out WAMU so the card became a Chase Freedom and they did drop my CL down to $9400 but that's more than enough and fine. Additionally, I applied and got approved for a United Explorer Card from Chase for $2K so basically I got all the CL back.

Side Note: I had my wife apply for the United Explorer card because she got a 50K miles offer vs normal 30K. She got the 7-10 day note so we were both bummed until the "letter" came and it was an approval for $12K right off the back and it was a Visa Signature card. Go figure? Her credit is a bit below mine and her income is basically mine. They must have liked her name or thought she was pretty I guess. Smiley Wink 

Current Score: EQUIFAX 706
Current Score: EXPERIAN 712
Current Score: TRANS UNION 722
BK in 10/2005

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try getting higher limit cards later on with high SLs. You will completely forget about your low CLs. (I don't care at all about my Discover or US Bank ones because I have many alternatives.....only trying to get US bank up to PC it.)

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat as you. Got a $500 Everyday April 2015, and just got a AmEx SPG and AmEx Gold Delta two weeks ago with $1k limits. I'll continue to use them in hopes that the CLs increase. I'm not holding my breath, but I have some hope lol

I know when the rest of my baddies come off in year 2045, I'll get some higher limits Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.