cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is AA common at all with chase when consolidating lines?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is AA common at all with chase when consolidating lines?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah the reported balances are low over the last 12. Scores are floating around 690-720. only inq's i've got are from my CFU/CSR/auto refi in the last 12. i think i've got at most 3 on any of them. Just wasn't sure if it was worth it to poke the bear but I think I'm fine. I'd also read something about someone saying Chase doesn't like to give out more than 1/3rd of your income, but i'm actually a little over half lol.

edit: i also meant that I DO use the visa sig benefits time to time. Just won't ever on the SW mainly because it would onyl ever be used for my 'tax costs' when i book my flights using points to keep it active

That was me, got the "suffcient CL" letter with scores over 800 and 2 inquires on EX 1 on EQ (if not counting the very last one that earned me the letter)Smiley Sad

I have to agree that I have "sufficient CL" as my overall ultilization hasn't hit 10% for quite some time (though per card ultilization might have touched 30% from time to time), so sort of leaning towards delaying my next apps w/ them now seeing that even if there's no additional risk for AA they might force CL move again or give me some toy CL, which just doesn't sound that great a position to be in.

Anyways, I agree with the idea that requesting them to consolidate can get your account reviewed, perhaps by 'lending services'. The outcome will be decided there, rather than from the consolidation request itself.

btw. What additional benefit does signature give you though? Since your CSP already is signature.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is AA common at all with chase when consolidating lines?

I'm not going to put a...Say...$700 phone purchase on my CSR, when I can put it on my CFU and get that (minimal I know) extra 3.50 (5.85 In actual redemption) in rewards. It's just more piece of mind with purchases. I've used a return benefit on my old CSP that I wouldn't be able to do if it was a regular visa. I'd prefer lateral protection utility across my trifecta
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.