cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is Discover really this strict/stingy?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: is Discover really this strict/stingy?

Started with $7k. And since I know they can be stingy, I won't waste a hp on them. I can wait on auto clis.
Message 21 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it's my lowest limit card (1k) and CLI was denied

CLI's have nothing to do with generosity or stinginess.  They're not issued simply on a whim.  It's all about your credit and income.  If they don't qualify you for a CLI then you won't get one.  CLI's are not merely exchanged for time.

FWIW they doubled my CL to 10K after 3 months.  YMMV depending on your credit and income and how they change (or do not) over time.

Message 22 of 24
recruiter89
Established Member

Quick story, called yesterday because my limit has been 3K for over a year now and my other limits are upwards of 20K-40K and I asked this exact question. They said it has nothing to do with other limits it has to do with building a relationship and they have me on Auto Review which means I will get auto upgrades based on my payments and relationship status. However they did a SP of my credit and bossted me to 6K based on my scores, still way under other limits.

AMEX Platinum/AMEX Blue Cash Preferred/Chase Ritz Carlton/USAA Platinum World/Citi Prestige/Discover it/Macy's Red/Diner's Club World Elite/Barclay US Airways Mastercard/Chase Sapphire Preferred
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get a CLI last month and hardly used the card.  I was told they needed to do a hard inquiry.  I told them no, and called in a few times and kept getting the same thing.  I then hit the card hard with a maxed out purchase, which I ended up returning(retina iMac).  Started using it a little more and they increased it only from 2300-2900 Smiley Sad

Its one of my lowest cards, I've been using it more and will try to increase it in a few months further. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.