Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is HSBC kidding? a $30 cli .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is HSBC kidding? a $30 cli .

Call them up and tell them they forgot a couple 0s...
Message 11 of 24
first48
Frequent Contributor

Am I seeing this correctly?  You can combine a Direct Rewards Discover with a HSBC MC?

2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 12 of 24
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@first48 wrote:

Am I seeing this correctly?  You can combine a Direct Rewards Discover with a HSBC MC?

I doubt it.  I had 1. Discover Platinum from HSBC ($1600). I received to additional HSBC Discover Rewards cards both with $300.00.  I combined the Rewards cards with the Platinum card to get $2200.00.  The M/C was not part of this at all.  I got that later.  I think all of the cards are Direct Merchants cards.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

i have an HSBC rebuilder MC and received an auto cli of $30. are they serious? whats the point....i laughed when i saw it.

Better a $30 cli than a $30 cld  right.
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

u got it better than me.. I asked for a CLI and they granted $200 but there is a $20 onetime fee for the increase.

Message 15 of 24
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
its been open for 8 monts with 1 30 day late in the 3rd month

And you're upset at getting a $30 increase? This isn't meant to be snide, but this is a rebuilder card, you have a 30 late and it's not even a year old.
Message 16 of 24
score_building
Senior Contributor

@MsKiwi wrote:

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
its been open for 8 monts with 1 30 day late in the 3rd month

And you're upset at getting a $30 increase? This isn't meant to be snide, but this is a rebuilder card, you have a 30 late and it's not even a year old.

AND it's hsbc i am surpised they didn't charge you 20 for the increase considering the very recent late payment.  in any event, rebuilder cards in general most often give relatively small increases.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 24
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

it's not an impressive cli, but at least it IS a cli.  i'm not even sure how you got a cli when your cc's new AND you have already had a 30 day late.  my hsbc (orchard) experience is-

21 MONTHS....NO lates, overlimits, missed pays, etc.

$ amount of CLIs? a whopping ZERO

it seems like if anyone deserves a cli from hsbc, it should be ME

oh well, it is a REBUILDER (which means i don't expect a cli, but it would be NICE), it did its job (led me to better things) and it will be FIRED in 2/09.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

well look on the bright side, at least you got $30..let me tell you about our 2 orchard cards

mind you, we have called and asked for cli, like every 6 months since we opened, and always told no

my card started at $300, at 1 year, at the threat of closing the account, they gave me $100 cli, but charged me like $25 for it

at the two year mark, I got the $79 fee credited, at the threat of closing the account

about a month after the 2 year mark, I asked about cli again, they said no, because I got the $79 credit

I can respect that, but I figured It couldn't help to try

my husbands card started $300, today, he received a $20 cli..yes, thats right, his cl is now $320, it showed up out of no where..his 2 year mark is December

We had not called to request a cli, by threatening to close, because in December, he was gonna call to get the annual fee credit...

Since it was only $20, when he calls in December he is gonna still ask to get the $79 removed

Mind you, we have perfect payment history, no lates, many months pif, and all...so who knows...

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

you got me beat, lol.  i checked a few days ago, orchard gave a $20 increase after over a year with them, lmao.  barely half a tank of gas.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.