cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is citi diamond preferred a good card to have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is citi diamond preferred a good card to have?

good. don't app for something you don't need Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
It's a basic card. Has a long 0 percent period, but beyond that, no real benefits. If you don't need the 21 months 0 percent, I'd garden longer and go for double cash down the road to have a more well rounded card.

If my planned school accepted credit card payments (only one in my and many other people's experience seemingly that does not), I'd be all over the mailer I just got for the Citi DP.  Have gotten it regularly anyway after the successful mortgage.  

Get to sort out the short term cash shortfall some other way, student loan or home equity something or other instead, but 21 months at 0% interest would've been enough have 80% of it paid by the time the grace period went away and is enough time to get me past my clean date for an easy switch to something cheaper.

That would've been kinda a huge win for me, though I don't realistically know how many people are in a similar circumstance.

        
Message 22 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It just seems the simplicity and DC carry very similiar BT offers intially, not quite as long and IMO the DC is a superior product.  Although the DP is probably the easiest card to get with Citi according the what I have read/seen on this forum.  the DP is a great BT card although after that I kinda see it as a pointless card other than if they allow you to PC after the 0% apr is up.  Just like I think the Slate is a worthless card and the likes Smiley Happy.

Regardless glad the OP has made up his mind to hold out as he doesn't need a BT card and appears his goal is the DC

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.