cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it better to have...(something I was just thinking about)

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: is it better to have...(something I was just thinking about)

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

VERY NICE!

:-)

I have about $80k+ in avail cred... but it took me YEARS to get a limit that high LOL.. like... three or four years...

jumped from 2900 to 12500 in 4 months. i can only imagine what is possible in 3 or 4 years Smiley Wink

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

SCOOOOREEEEEEE.....!!! lol

dang!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 31
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Personally though i think 4-5 good limit cards are better then 12-20 smaller limit cards(under 2k).

i only have 3 under 1k and 2 are hard pulls to increase and 1 (khol's) isnt taking customer initiated cli. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 23 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Luckily, I was 21 when that law took effect.

Well, my goal atm is to pay off my Travelocity Amex (I owe $4,600 at 0%) LOL...That'd also get my util well under the 10% I want

and then to get a 3xcli to $10,500 at 61 days on my Amex Blue Cash Everyday that I literally opened last week LOL... I might want the Citi Diamond Preferred in like Feb or March after a few inqs fall off, but not sure.

then I will just continue building.. might try for a 2013 Nissan Altima lease when I grad in about a year ... unless I stick to my plan of moving to NYC LOL then I won't need a car. I really just need to stay in the garden and build my lines further...and my aaoa needs to increase also. lol

What about you?

Sounds like some good goals. So far citi hasn't been willing to accept me, I think after 6 months or so I will try for another no AF citi card.

Have you checked out a used Infiniti. I think the value is better. You will like a G or M37 more than an altima. You also won't have to pay the high cost of depreciation that comes along with a new car. Worth checking out at least.

I think my main goals are buying an investment property to rent out and going back to college. Have an AA, but looking to finish up.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

Personally though i think 4-5 good limit cards are better then 12-20 smaller limit cards(under 2k).

i only have 3 under 1k and 2 are hard pulls to increase and 1 (khol's) isnt taking customer initiated cli. 

Score wise, utilization is what matters not the limits. Buy yes, banks are more willing to give you high limits if you already have high limits.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 25 of 31
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

Score wise, utilization is what matters not the limits. Buy yes, banks are more willing to give you high limits if you already have high limits.

your correct. but if you pay in full every month it shouldnt really matter. =)

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 26 of 31
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

im only need one card with $100.000 limit on it....so i only had to paid for one bill and run monthly less than 30 grand Smiley Very Happy 30% rules Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 27 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahaaha@nicholas.

Dustink- are you suggesting "purchasing" a vehicle?
I would really like to move to NYC after I grad or sometime soon thereafter, which is why I want a short term lease (18-30 mos).

I did see that Infinit has 18 month leases currently for like $300+. I had a car loan for FIVE years, and after paying that off( built my mom's cred, not mine), I have NO desire to actually purchase a depreciating asset lol or be STUCK with insurance payments for life. Currently, I just rent a 2012 Altima like every weekend hahaha, but it's SO cheap compared to owning a vehicle. I just hate the cost of vehicle ownership; talk about clogging up cash flow LOL.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 31
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh... And Dustin... I've had no luck with Citi.. Pretty sure I could get approved w them now, but I'm very hesitant to do business with them LOL
Message 29 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Pahahaaha@nicholas.

Dustink- are you suggesting "purchasing" a vehicle?
I would really like to move to NYC after I grad or sometime soon thereafter, which is why I want a short term lease (18-30 mos).

I did see that Infinit has 18 month leases currently for like $300+. I had a car loan for FIVE years, and after paying that off( built my mom's cred, not mine), I have NO desire to actually purchase a depreciating asset lol or be STUCK with insurance payments for life. Currently, I just rent a 2012 Altima like every weekend hahaha, but it's SO cheap compared to owning a vehicle. I just hate the cost of vehicle ownership; talk about clogging up cash flow LOL.

Yes, I am suggesting purchasing a vehicle. I bought a 2009 Impreza back when I was 18. It was a few months old and had low miles. I grandma financed because I had no credit, but it has been a great car. I purchased it at a dealer for $13,700. It currently books private party for $11,200. I think $2500 in deprecation over that amount of time and 55,000 miles is completely fair. That is a lot cheaper than leasing. Plus, I now have equity in an asset that I can sell. I would hate to pay on a vehicle for so long and then just have to give it back. In my case I would be charged a huge fee for the additional miles, and probably any little thing they can find. You have to insure and maintain a lease just like an owned car. Well, except when you own it. You can choose what insurance coverage you want, not so with a lease. I think the best value will always be purchasing the right used vehicle.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.