Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it just a rumor??? i hope so!!

tag
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: is it just a rumor??? i hope so!!

@Anonymous wrote:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, However unpopular.

As are you.

Message 71 of 201
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

May they get low blow they deserve for this.

As well as the kudos. Smiley Tongue

Make no mistake, they have no loyalty to you or any of us. Why kudos something that won't return the favor?

Message 72 of 201
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now this is the kind of mayhem debate I like!

Message 73 of 201
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Make no mistake, they have no loyalty to you or any of us. Why kudos something that won't return the favor?

That is your opinion, but this isn't about loyalty. In my view, chronic rewards abusers are among top reasons for rewards getting nerfed - any company making an example out of them gets kudos in my book.

Message 74 of 201
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is your opinion, but this isn't about loyalty. In my view, chronic rewards abusers are among top reasons for rewards getting nerfed - any company making an example out of them gets kudos in my book.

One negative outweighs one million kudos. This is what I bank on. Smiley Happy

For example...

If all you knew about CapitalOne is what was on this site. You'd get the impression that they're terrible and would never want to do business with them. However, ask the average joe and they'll tell you that they're great and that he's happy with his $500 QS1. Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 201
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And actually, Discover DOES have loyalty to their cardholders. A lot of loyalty, and I know that from having been a Discover customer for 20 years. They treat their cardholders exceptionally well, right down to giving them extra suprise perks. I'm no fan of big corporations, especially financial ones, but Discover treats its customers like valued human beings.

I agree that Discover needs to fix any loophole, but Nixon, they're not going to get a bad rap for this (assuming this shutdown is actually happening at all). The people involved appear to be chronic abusers of what is a very good system. As has already been pointed out here, the instructions on Shop Discover/Discover Deals are simple and unambiguous and nobody using the portal could say they didn't know they were going against those instructions.

Message 76 of 201
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One negative outweighs one million kudos. This is what I bank on. Smiley Happy

Well, let us know when that bet pays off with respect to Discover. Smiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

If all you knew about CapitalOne is what was on this site. You'd get the impression that they're terrible and would never want to do business with them. However, ask the average joe and they'll tell you that they're great and that he's happy with his $500 QS1. Smiley Happy

I think you just made my point that this forum is quite ineffectual at persuading broader public opinion. Incidentally, I have 2 QS cards, $9500 in limits between them, and do, once again contrary to prevailing MyFico Forum opinion, like them just fine.

Message 77 of 201
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And actually, Discover DOES have loyalty to their cardholders. A lot of loyalty, and I know that from having been a Discover customer for 20 years. They treat their cardholders exceptionally well, right down to giving them extra suprise perks. I'm no fan of big corporations, especially financial ones, but Discover treats its customers like valued human beings.

I agree that Discover needs to fix any loophole, but Nixon, they're not going to get a bad rap for this (assuming this shutdown is actually happening at all). The people involved appear to be chronic abusers of what is a very good system. As has already been pointed out here, the instructions on Shop Discover/Discover Deals are simple and unambiguous and nobody using the portal could say they didn't know they were going against those instructions.

Thank you. I was waiting for a response that didn't read like sour apples.

Discover has been great for overall cashback, and the shopping deals are a sign that they take their commitment seriously. Smiley Happy

Message 78 of 201
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Of course, the right thing to do would be to use the program as intended, on the customer's end. It's not really terms and conditions in this case. It's common sense. It says right on the page to use Discover card. It also is kind of obvious that they are only going to reward you if you use their card, because it's their cashback bonus!

Just because a flaw in the system allows otherwise doesn't mean people are stupid enough to think that it was intentional.

Ole Nicon seems rather adamant here, a lot of non discover spending?  I don't think they will shut you down.

When using the Amex Specials, you need to use the card, because it has to post before you get reward.  I believe discover was phasing out the shopping portal anyway, to make it more like Amex.  Since they are doing that, they are bound to find out whoops.  But remember, the thread asked if it was a RUMOR!!  There could be other reasons for shutting a card down.  I personally would have used the discover card, because I oblige Amex under the same circumstances.

Signature needs updating
Message 79 of 201
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Now this is the kind of mayhem debate I like!

Coffee?

Signature needs updating
Message 80 of 201
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.