cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is someone at Chase leaking CC numbers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is someone at Chase leaking CC numbers?

@gdale6 wrote:

There have been cases of such bad apples employed at banks and they have been eventually caught and prosecuted so it is possible. Its also possilble that a hacker has broken into their system and stolen the information and they could be aware or not aware of it having happened.

no one broke into my system, i can assure you of that. i work for a network security company. and like i said in the OP, the last card number that was stolen was never used. never put into any computer. never even left the house. i activated it over the phone, put it back in the envelope and stuffed in a drawer. 

i'm leaning towards the bad apple side. 

Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is someone at Chase leaking CC numbers?

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

There have been cases of such bad apples employed at banks and they have been eventually caught and prosecuted so it is possible. Its also possilble that a hacker has broken into their system and stolen the information and they could be aware or not aware of it having happened.

no one broke into my system, i can assure you of that. i work for a network security company. and like i said in the OP, the last card number that was stolen was never used. never put into any computer. never even left the house. i activated it over the phone, put it back in the envelope and stuffed in a drawer. 

i'm leaning towards the bad apple side. 

They're talking about the credit card company's system.

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.