Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the 6th time a charm?

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

is the 6th time a charm?

Most of the old timers know that I got the PRG just to screw with amex, aparently they like me and hate me at the same time! I have put 10k+ single charges on the PRG with no problems or hickups. But every month on the 31st day I app for the BCP and the last 5 months have been declined. This was the 6th time + 3 days lol, I was running a couple days behind. Anyways. I did it at 10am this morning and its still pending....  call it yes or no? where is duncanrr????

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Re: is the 6th time a charm?

Yes! Did you call the automated line?

Message 2 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Most of the old timers know that I got the PRG just to screw with amex, aparently they like me and hate me at the same time! I have put 10k+ single charges on the PRG with no problems or hickups. But every month on the 31st day I app for the BCP and the last 5 months have been declined. This was the 6th time + 3 days lol, I was running a couple days behind. Anyways. I did it at 10am this morning and its still pending....  call it yes or no? where is duncanrr????

I going with a yes .....make the call get it over with 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 30
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They might get tired of your request apps and approved you for the heck outta it lol.....Goodluck buddie

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Is-BackIn-Bronze11.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 30
theoldnocreditmaster
Valued Member

If you've got a clean file with a spending habit of 10K they would approve you.  There is something else going on here......

Message 6 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Yes! Did you call the automated line?

Ive been looking at the online thingy

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 8 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

And I quote from your own sig

""As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance,"

Dance with them already Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 30
swpopham
Established Contributor

@theoldnocreditmaster wrote:

If you've got a clean file with a spending habit of 10K they would approve you.  There is something else going on here......

I never said anything about a clean file! my fiile is 20+ pages of color! lol. I had a car repoed when i was in iraq in 04 and a discover charge off in 04 while overseas. But everything looks good since then, I dont know what my ex inquiry count is but its not too bad. every app for amex has been a soft

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.