Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any proper way to recon?

tag
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

is there any proper way to recon?

I should have stayed in the garden. I just got a Chase Freedom , Amex green Card, Discover It.... BUT NO i wanted a new imac. So i had the guts to app for barcleys apple card FLAT DENIED. 7-10 days answer why i was denied. 

What are my chances of reconing this succesfully? and this would be my first recon... how do i go about this. New to all this. Thanks would love feedback

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: is there any proper way to recon?

First you can ask why it was denied and then ask if it can be manually reviewed. I was declined by Barclays for inquiries and after saying I was just trying to establish credit, they approved it.

Message 2 of 9
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Which is what im going to say tomorrow. Want to establish credit. Smiley Happy hopefully i get approved even if its 1k

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

You may also want to state in the conversation why you wanted that particular card.

I.E. BT,0%, APR rewards etc etc

This can be helpful in convincing the lender it fits the portfolio your building and you made a knowledgeable decision in choosing there product

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

You may also want to state in the conversation why you wanted that particular card.

This can be helpful in convincing the lender it fits the portfolio your building and you made a knowledgeable decision in choosing there product

I like the way you're thinking.  I might try that when I get my BOA letter too.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I like the way you're thinking.  I might try that when I get my BOA letter too.

Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
omgitsphilly
New Contributor

Thanks ill try them all. I hope i pass. Even with low CL. I just hate getting denied after getting all the above cards i stated

Message 7 of 9
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I got denied for Discover It Student, and approved for AMEXs. How do you think I feel? Lol.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well??? Any good news OP??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.