cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a good sign or not? re: NFCU (update posted)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is this a good sign or not?

Congrats!  Smiley Happy

Well, you have been approved and have the card, so you might want to just go ahead and ask about the refi right away.  Unless you have something extrodinary gonna happen to improve your credit short term, the worst case is that they say "no" which really will mean "not yet" since they did give you the card and you are now building a history and relationship with them.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 15
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I've been waiting for awhile for Cap1 to give me an answer. It's he** isn't it?? Good for you!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
myfairlady
Valued Member

I applied for a Navcheck LOC with NFCU on 4/29 they called to verify employement today and I was approved for the amount I requested.  I also applied for a CC with them on the same date and have not had any response.  I asked the rep why they pulled 2 diff credit reports when I applied the same day.  The rep stated I applied at separate times and they will pull 1 cr if I call over the phone to apply for credit.  I am now going to apply for a refinance auto loan once they approve my credit card request.  I transfer money each payday into my checking/savings account with them on a bi-weekly basis. 

EQ:  642

EX:  623

TU:  651

Message 13 of 15
mt2va
Established Contributor

I wasn't sure if I should try the CC 1st or the auto re-fi so I tried the CC.  Shocked the heck out of me that I was approved.  I've only had a savings account with them for a couple months.  I've been putting money in there every pay day so far & in fact will be putting a significant amount in the end of the month so I was almost thinking I should have waited until then.  I did ask about the auto re-fi & was told the same thing they had to pull another CR. 

Seems kind of silly though since they already have my CR.  I'm going to wait another couple months even though my current interest rate is killing me.  This will give me a chance to charge a few things to the CC & pay it off so they can see I'm responsible about paying it & I'll have a few more payments on my auto showing up on my CR. 

No what shocked me is that I got approved with a FICO of 566!  Most folks have much better scores and/or higher incomes. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 14 of 15
mt2va
Established Contributor

Does anyone with NFCU know if my CC account will show up online with my savings account or is managed from a different login area?
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.