cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a good strategy for my credit card goals?

tag
chris4434
Established Member

is this a good strategy for my credit card goals?

Hi everyone, after reading the forms for a few weeks (which have been very helpful BTW) I have decided to make my first post! I just have a few questions about my current credit situation and if my goals I set would be achievable any time soon. My goal is to eventually have one credit card from each major CCC (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AMEX) in the next year to year and a half. Currently I have the CITI mtvU Visa card with a $1000 CL (just received a $500 CLI), a Bank Of America Platinum World Points MasterCard with a $1700 CL (just received a $1000 CLI), and a Macy's store card with a $100 CL. Right now the balance on my BOA card is slightly above $500, the balance on my CITI card is around $200, and my Macy's card has a zero balance. I am new to credit and only have a credit history of a just over a year long. As of 6/10/08 my credit scores were TU 629..... EQ 609..... EX 596 I realize that right now my scores are too low for AMEX or Discover approval, but I was wondering if it would be possible to raise my scores enough to at least get approved for an AMEX Blue Card or Gold charge card by the end of the year. I applied a while ago but got denied because of my limited credit history, high revolving balances (thats before I received my CLI's) and too many inquiries. But... have never been late on a payment and plan to pay down all my credit cards in full soon so do you guys think that those two things would be enough to raise my score high enough to qualify for an AMEX card?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.