Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this normal for NFCU?

tag
screeema
Valued Member

is this normal for NFCU?

I was approved for membership and a cc at the same time, over the phone.

The CC is already showing up on my reports but I just got the membership paperwork

in the mail yesterday!!

Is this normal for them??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: is this normal for NFCU?

I hope to find out tonight that I get the same notice LOL  My Mother and I both joined and are just getting our stuff in the mail (a lot of stuff.... over the course of 4 days). Both got CC's checking and savings. So far nothing has shown up on my EX direct report (I checked last night).  For her they actually topped her PenFed CL. I'm joint on the her Plat NFCU so don't know if that's part of the reason I got a much lower individual CL on my cash rewards CC.

I'm just hoping they're as good as I've heard and read (lots of military in my family, active, vet and retired). They do seem very nice and knowledgeable on the phone so far.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 8
tbc
New Contributor

yes

I just received my membership to sign and I have had a CC with them for a month.  Checking / Savings / IRA  

Great bank to deal with.

Easy and awesome customer service.

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 3 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Well, just checked and nothing is showing up on mine for NFCU so far other than INQ's LOL (membership 1 on TU and CC 1 on EQ).   Now at 24 months EQ 8 (4 in last 12), TU 5 (4 in last 12), EX still 7 (6 for last 12). I just hope that's not too bad for INQ's.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Well, just checked and nothing is showing up on mine for NFCU so far other than INQ's LOL (membership 1 on TU and CC 1 on EQ).   Now at 24 months EQ 8 (4 in last 12), TU 5 (4 in last 12), EX still 7 (6 for last 12). I just hope that's not too bad for INQ's.

To OP, checked night of the 21st, same as the results above for the 20th. Nothing showing yet.

And tbc;  NFCU's CSR's from what I've experienced so far ... it's like I've gone back in time, they've all been very impressive so far. Would you believe I could name all of them that I've spoken with they've been that impressive and personable?

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

One of the cards posted on EX tonight (22nd).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyVision wrote:

And tbc;  NFCU's CSR's from what I've experienced so far ... it's like I've gone back in time, they've all been very impressive so far. Would you believe I could name all of them that I've spoken with they've been that impressive and personable?

Agreed, NFCU has fantastic CSRs. I've only had maybe one bad one. I don't like their lending department, but their CSRs have been extremely helpful.

USAA is pretty good too, although since I'm not a full member (although I joined through a full member - not sure how that works), a bunch of their more appealing products aren't available to me.

Message 7 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

Agreed, NFCU has fantastic CSRs. I've only had maybe one bad one. I don't like their lending department, but their CSRs have been extremely helpful.

USAA is pretty good too, although since I'm not a full member (although I joined through a full member - not sure how that works), a bunch of their more appealing products aren't available to me.

I'm eligible for all USAA's products (just didin't see any that would benefit me that much), and PenFed as well (I think everyone is really lol). NFCU seemed the best one for me to get into first.

I'm an AU (not sure if it's actually joint or not, has never shown on my CR's) on the PenFed Plat Cash rewards CC, didn't app for their card myself as I don't want the disappoinment LOL. 

I was on the phone with them (PenFed) a lot asking questions when we set up those cards, my Mother was very impressed with their CSR's, as was I (I don't think she needs me to deal with their phone system for every call either, which is a very good sign), they were all very helpful and polite, a lot like NFCU.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.