Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jan 1st

tag
drcc2013
Valued Member

jan 1st

who's apping on the first? and what new cards

apping for amex bce and my own amex plat....when approved how to long do i wait to backdate?

CSP

TR card 

duck card ?maybe

than its off to the garden

are you still gardening if you do CLI?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: jan 1st

PRG...maybe.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 15
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@drcc2013 wrote:

apping for amex bce and my own amex plat....when approved how to long do i wait to backdate?

CSP

TR card 

duck card ?maybe

As long as it's a SP and not a HP, you are technically still gardening!

Message 3 of 15
ptilda
Established Contributor

Good luck! I won't be applying for a few months at least.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 4 of 15
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

BCE, PRG, Freedom, Nordstrom and Paypal

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 5 of 15
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

@drcc2013 wrote:

CSP

TR card 

duck card ?maybe

As long as it's a SP and not a HP, you are technically still gardening!

and wont result in a new TL, no shopping cart tricks for gardeners!

Message 6 of 15
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I don't plan on apping all of 2014.  However, I might need to buy a wedding ring and for that I might consider a jewelry card.  Maybe Zales.  I had a Zales account long ago and it got closed due to inactivity.  I did like the card and they were generous with limits and increases, so I might try that route again.  However, I won't do that until June or July.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 15
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

no apping.

reducing likely.

I'll be canceling the Sam's Club Discover.  Being a GE backed card, I'm expecting them to report for several years.  It has a $100 annual fee which, in light of all my other options, seems silly now.

Now that I think about it, I'm gonig to close the BofA World MC and move the limits to the Fidelity AMEX (FIA bank).  I'm always putting over $2k on it and it sits with < 10k limit.  I'll take my chances with them reporting that old acconut for awhile longer.  All my other old BofA loans still show up. 

I already closed the Walmart Discover (thanks to IT FICO scores) and the HSN.

Thanks for asking, that question helped me work this through.  lol.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 8 of 15
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Won't apply any. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@oscar_actuary wrote:

no apping.

reducing likely.

I'll be canceling the Sam's Club Discover.  Being a GE backed card, I'm expecting them to report for several years.  It has a $100 annual fee which, in light of all my other options, seems silly now.

Now that I think about it, I'm gonig to close the BofA World MC and move the limits to the Fidelity AMEX (FIA bank).  I'm always putting over $2k on it and it sits with < 10k limit.  I'll take my chances with them reporting that old acconut for awhile longer.  All my other old BofA loans still show up. 

I already closed the Walmart Discover (thanks to IT FICO scores) and the HSN.

Thanks for asking, that question helped me work this through.  lol.

Just be aware that BOA will HP when allocating or shifting CLs (if you decide to go this route).  Any recipient card (regardless if FIA or BOA) that receives the CL from another is considered in their eyes as a CLI.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.