Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

juniper bank lowered credit for no reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

juniper bank lowered credit for no reason

ok- I have had a credit card with juniper bank for 3 yrs now , they started me off w/ $1000 limit & then  then bumped it up to $1500  about 2yr ago.
I ALWAYS made a payment larger than the minimum due, and NEVER made a late payment or even come close to the limit, i keep the amount due at under 40% for the most part. 
So last month when i got a letter stating that they lowered my limit by $600 - it confused me on why ??? the letter stated that it was based on my credit score, i called and questioned it and was told the same thing- based on recent credit scores.....well thing is i monitor my scores monthly and my scores are HIGHER now than they have ever been. EVER, in the last 5 years, I also got a copy of the credit report they were referring to and yes the scores were higher then previously-same number i am getting online.
All other credit cards are doubling and tripling my credit amounts -(even though im still not using it)
but this bank is lowering my limits, although i didnt care to use the credit - im kind of confused on why this bank now thinks i am not worthy !!!
Anyone have any thoughts on why ? Is anyone else experiencing problems with this underdog bank ?
or can it be because i have several thousand through other banks that i dont use ?? If thats true what do i do max out cards ??
confused.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: juniper bank lowered credit for no reason

Juniper is a quirky lender. In this credit climate it might be best to always pay in full every month. You don't want to look like a credit risk.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.