Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

juniper doesnt care about me i guess

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

juniper doesnt care about me i guess

well as posted prev today i was thinking of giving the juniper/apple visa the axe. it got it a year ago 52807, i called about 3 months ago about a cli, guy couldn't or didnt give me one and told me to hold onto it for a year!! so i did, yea i know there's no annual fee..so i called got the automated system and it let me close it there..so i wanted to talk to a rep to advise them i paid the $1 bal and see if anyone would care or try to convince me to stay or something!!!

well i got nothing, it said i can call and reopen w/in 2 months..does anyone think i'll have a better chance for a better cl???

i know this sounds odd but it felt kind of good, but sad at the same time!!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: juniper doesnt care about me i guess

I think closing it was a mistake. If you have a year under your belt already, it was probably helping your utilization and established credit history.

Juniper has actually been pretty generous with me on CLI. Generally they throw CLIs at you without asking if you spend big but keep an adequate utilization.
Message 2 of 13
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

First try to call up tomorrow asap and see if you can re-open it, use terms like "reactivate" so they dont get you to open another card instead open up your closed acct..

as the above poster said, dont lose the good account history for a meager CL. .

Juniper is notorious for extending CLs every 4-6 months if you PIF but they are also reacting to the economy currently, its not worth closing an account on your CR over this
Message 3 of 13
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

When I closed my Juniper card they stated I had 90 days to change my mind and reopen it.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

I dont know how a $250 credit limit is helping my utilization seriously..I spent big at one time on the card well the highest i allowed the bal to be on that low of a credit limit was $90, they didnt throw crap at me..also like was stated by another poster, they told me i had 90 days I could reactive if I choose too..i'm assuming that means same cc # but i'm wondering if i leave it closed for a while if they will increase the cruddy cl, if not that's fine it will stay closed..i only kept it a year bc they made it like i would get a cli at that time which is NOT TRUE
Message 5 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

You did good.  Kick them to the curb.  VERY LAME Company.  Their stock has lost 50% in the last 8 months.  I think they are going for 80%.....Smiley Very Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 13
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thanks uknown..they made me feel lame with a cl like that..haha
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would agree that a CL like that was not helping you too much-

However you already took the hit for the new account and inq-
So unless it was pulling you down- I would have let it sit for a few more months to see if they would grow- 

But- If you know it wasn't gonna grow- then you did the right thing.

Junny STILL has not caught on to me tricking them into raising my CL to 10K- 
Message 8 of 13
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

bamagirl1 wrote:
thanks uknown..they made me feel lame with a cl like that..haha

They really are lame.  They CLD'd me from a $2000 limit to $750 just 5 days after activating the card.  When I called to check into it, they tried talking to me like I was an 8th grader getting called to the principals office.  I told them I didn't need their card and promptly closed the account and filed a complaint with the F.D.I.C. enlightening them on Barclays new twist to the "bait and switch" scam.  Barclays is not Prime by any stretch of the imagination.  I think the lowest rate they have is 15.9% unless it's an intro offer.  I am VERY PROUD of the notation on my CR by the old Barclays account that says:   Account Closed By Consumer!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 9 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

unknown_entity wrote:

They really are lame.

Barclays is not Prime by any stretch of the imagination.  I

Barclay's is one of the biggest financial institutions in the world.  And like every other bank in the US at the moment, they are getting twitchy.  This forum alone contains complaints about almost every major bank/CCC chasing balances and being difficult.  By that definition, there are NO prime banks and cards anynmore  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.