Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just applied CSP and SW card

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: just applied CSP and SW card

@rootpooty wrote:
Ughhhh got the dreaded 10 day we need further review for a decision. That just spells denial to me.

No telling.  A review is just a review until completed.  You can call recon if you don't want to wait it out.  You can also recon if denied.

@skigirl916 wrote:

How the heck did you raise your scores over 100+ each in one month?! Tell me, NOW! Haha!

Utilization (Amounts Owed) is the second biggest slice at 30%:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

85% is extremely high and if not maxed then approaching maxed.  The general recommendation for maximum utilization is 30%.  Ideal is much lower -- typically under 10%.  Going from 85% to under 10% can not only have a major impact on scores but approvals, APR's and limits as well.

At the end of 2012 I was at over 60% utilization (don't recall the exact number).  I managed to get a $2K Slate from Chase with the highest APR offered.  5 months later I had dropped utilization to the single digits and Chase approved a pair of $25K cards within a day of each other with the lowest APR offered on one (the other had a single APR).  High utilization can certainly have a significant impact and really hold one back.  Prolonged high utilization can lead to adverse action such as account closure and balance chasing -- both of which will put one in a utilization spiral that can be difficult to get out of as they both will max out your utilization on the affected accounts.

Message 11 of 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: just applied CSP and SW card

So called in I couldn't take it anymore lol. CSR told me chase new policy wouldn't let me app for 2 cards at once so it canceled my SW app. Asked me some verification questions for the CSP then came back approved for 12k! Holy smokes!
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.