Established Member
Sidewayzracer

just got a huge boost to total utilization

I just got a 2500 cli card from wells fargo the rate is extremely bad at 30.9% but im not interested in that as i was looking to add a card to increase my total limit.

my limit combined on two cards was 2750 so this is a huge boost in my climb back up to a good credit score.  This is with a 598 equifax score.  now im looking for a bit of advice on how to take best advantage of this card.  Should i try and have 7% utilization to report each month but pay off the amount before the grace period or should i leave the balance at 0?

11/21/09 - Equifax score 599 12/7/09 - 603 4/25/10 - 645 4/17/2012 - 707
Valued Member
tralyn05

Re: just got a huge boost to total utilization

Congrats on the CLI ...

I'm upset with WF right now....My CL was decreased from 3750 to 3000....no changes in my report ---outta the blue and they told me after the fact and only sent info after I asked.....

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: just got a huge boost to total utilization

Sidewayzracer wrote:

I just got a 2500 cli card from wells fargo the rate is extremely bad at 30.9% but im not interested in that as i was looking to add a card to increase my total limit.

my limit combined on two cards was 2750 so this is a huge boost in my climb back up to a good credit score.  This is with a 598 equifax score.  now im looking for a bit of advice on how to take best advantage of this card.  Should i try and have 7% utilization to report each month but pay off the amount before the grace period or should i leave the balance at 0?

Optimal credit utilization for FICO scoring purposes seems to be:

Total revolving utilization > 0 and < 9%, the lower the better, and
Reporting a balance on less than half of your revolving TL's, and
Reporting a balance on half or less of all TL's.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+