Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kay j

tag
creditchild
Regular Contributor

kay j

does any one know what cra kay jewelers pull from? i would like to apply with them. my (EQ) is 633 and my(TU) is 623

i just want to make sure my scores are ok.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: kay j

@creditchild wrote:

does any one know what cra kay jewelers pull from? i would like to apply with them. my (EQ) is 633 and my(TU) is 623

i just want to make sure my scores are ok.

Experian for me (California).

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
anemo
Contributor

Re: Kay j

IN IL= EQ, I had a fraud alert on my CR(EQ) so they pulled EX also..

Anything over 550 you're likely to get $3,500 or more without to many baddies.

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 9
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

limits arent only based on credit score and i got denied with a 650 for having a 40% uti and no baddies so i honestly think that information is misleading if you have anything over a 550 your going to get a 3,500+ limit. I got a jewelers credit card with littmans same scores and same uti for $1,000. Income is also a huge factor. I think every bank is getting way tighter now more than ever

amazon
Message 4 of 9
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@tsquad131 wrote:

limits arent only based on credit score and i got denied with a 650 for having a 40% uti and no baddies so i honestly think that information is misleading if you have anything over a 550 your going to get a 3,500+ limit. I got a jewelers credit card with littmans same scores and same uti for $1,000. Income is also a huge factor. I think every bank is getting way tighter now more than ever

+1. Explained to a poster about a month ago that the same happened to me. Had a 630 (EX - lender - in 11/09) with two major baddies and was denied. Same two major baddies exist with more inquiries and some new accounts and I was approved 4/10 for 1500.00. Not sure what to expect from them.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Message 5 of 9
anemo
Contributor

I can agree with the above that it also depends on your situation an what's on your credit & score.  My reply was based on myself and others I know that I sent to Kay to obtain credit and their situation.

Two people I know got Kay credit with a BK, low score and recent late. My wife, no BK but a score of 550 at the time. Their limit is $4,000!! I was there in the store!!! I was rejected at first some time ago with a 526 and high util with a BK 2004 as well, and some baddies.  As soon as I made a payment on those accounts and it was only three accounts I paid on leaving others balances and my score touched 600's, approved for $5,100.  my score was low 600 when applied today its higher but I knew like others that Kay can be a good card to get to increase util percentage and build history with a high credit line.

My case I guess the util played a part in my first rejection so to agree and inform you of the situation with me I CAN say yes it depends on what's on your report, score and its really up to them..  Go for it, even if your get $1,500 that's a good start, any credit card that starts you at a $1,000 is good you really can not do anything with a card with $500 CL except gas and dinning out.  Even this being a store charge card only it helps.

Starting Score: 300 TU 300 EX
Current Score: 704 TU EX 700
Goal Score: 800

Message 6 of 9
creditchild
Regular Contributor

THANKS EVERYONE. I'M GOING TO GO FOR IT. I'LL POST

LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Message 7 of 9
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Good Luck to you!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
mross1080
Established Contributor

They pulled eq for me in PA. Good luck with the app.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.