Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kays credit increase

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

kays credit increase

Has anyone received a credit increase with kays jewerly? How many months did you have to wait? And was it a hard inquiry or soft?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: kays credit increase

Got my Kay's card 12/08, good CL of 6.5K with a hard pull on EQ, my best score at the time of 700.  11 months later, got softed on TU, but no increase.  Called the # for customer service, they said Kay's checks your account status once a year for CLI, but a request would be a hard pull.  I passed.  Spent 3K on no interest purchase when opened, another 300+ a few months later, also no interest.  Never paid a cent in interest, always on time, even paid off one month early to be safe.  I get constant e-mails and mailers.  Haven't spent another dime.  It's in the sock drawer, but DW loves the investment.  Smiley Very Happy 
Message 2 of 6
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the information. I opened up mines in 08 too My credit limit is 7500. They pulled equifax for me too at the time my equifax score was around 690. I don't really use it. I try to buy something every six months because I don't want it closed for inactivity. I wouldn't want a hard inquiry so i will just wait till they increase the limit on their own. I was just curious how they worked on credit increase.
Message 3 of 6
gamblerx15
New Contributor

I just got a letter today and they bumped my credit limit up 2500 to 7500 total. account has been opened about 19 months.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They closed my account once they found out I was unemployed I guess there credit dept called my work and they told them, it's the only line that actually checked into it, I got 20 accounts 6 months after I was unemployed.. It's  not like I wasnt going to pay the bill or anything.. it was my highest limit too $3000
Message 5 of 6
jordy
Contributor

i opened a kay account last year was approved for 2100 with 625 eq fico. made a 900 purchase couple weeks later paid on time for 10 months called about a cli was immedialty increased to 3300 OVER THE PHONE WITH NO HARD PULL... couldnt believe it.... checked report 2 weeks later and there it is...new limit with no pull...

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.