Frequent Contributor

kays credit increase

Has anyone received a credit increase with kays jewerly? How many months did you have to wait? And was it a hard inquiry or soft?
Established Contributor

Re: kays credit increase

Got my Kay's card 12/08, good CL of 6.5K with a hard pull on EQ, my best score at the time of 700.  11 months later, got softed on TU, but no increase.  Called the # for customer service, they said Kay's checks your account status once a year for CLI, but a request would be a hard pull.  I passed.  Spent 3K on no interest purchase when opened, another 300+ a few months later, also no interest.  Never paid a cent in interest, always on time, even paid off one month early to be safe.  I get constant e-mails and mailers.  Haven't spent another dime.  It's in the sock drawer, but DW loves the investment.  :smileyvery-happy: 

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 733 EQ(DCU), 739 TU(Barclay), 765 EX(CS)
Goal Score:760 X 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the information. I opened up mines in 08 too My credit limit is 7500. They pulled equifax for me too at the time my equifax score was around 690. I don't really use it. I try to buy something every six months because I don't want it closed for inactivity. I wouldn't want a hard inquiry so i will just wait till they increase the limit on their own. I was just curious how they worked on credit increase.
New Contributor

I just got a letter today and they bumped my credit limit up 2500 to 7500 total. account has been opened about 19 months.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

They closed my account once they found out I was unemployed I guess there credit dept called my work and they told them, it's the only line that actually checked into it, I got 20 accounts 6 months after I was unemployed.. It's  not like I wasnt going to pay the bill or anything.. it was my highest limit too $3000
Contributor

i opened a kay account last year was approved for 2100 with 625 eq fico. made a 900 purchase couple weeks later paid on time for 10 months called about a cli was immedialty increased to 3300 OVER THE PHONE WITH NO HARD PULL... couldnt believe it.... checked report 2 weeks later and there it is...new limit with no pull...

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.