Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 948
Registered: ‎12-05-2013
0

knowing credit line before approval?

A follow up to my recent posting on why you use credit cards.

How can we find out our CL in approved ...before risking our highly precious HP?
Discover IT $12,500 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $11,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?

[ Edited ]

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Established Contributor
Posts: 948
Registered: ‎12-05-2013
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?

Thats sad. And unfair.

Consumers should know what we are buying before spending our HPs.

The creditors have a major advantage in suppressing everyones scores this way.
Discover IT $12,500 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $11,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 261
Registered: ‎03-30-2007
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


myjourney wrote:

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:


Someone here recently received $7100 CLI from Chase just by calling them back after receiving SM that they will do SP $7100. The amount of the increase was revealed in advance to him/ her and this is honestly the first time I hear something like that. Sometime the creditor will increase your CL for the amount of BT.

 

New accounts ??? No way to know in advance. Nice try. :smileyhappy:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:


Someone here recently received $7100 CLI from Chase just by calling them back after receiving SM that they will do SP $7100. The amount of the increase was revealed in advance to him/ her and this is honestly the first time I hear something like that. Sometime the creditor will increase your CL for the amount of BT.

 

New accounts ??? No way to know in advance. Nice try. :smileyhappy:


I saw that thread last night but and this is just IMHO 

I questioned the theory as its the first i've ever seen and may just have been an inexperiened CSR saying that

Because we all know Chase will HP for a $500 CLI's and some still end in denial 

 :smileysurprised:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 261
Registered: ‎03-30-2007
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


myjourney wrote:

Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:


Someone here recently received $7100 CLI from Chase just by calling them back after receiving SM that they will do SP $7100. The amount of the increase was revealed in advance to him/ her and this is honestly the first time I hear something like that. Sometime the creditor will increase your CL for the amount of BT.

 

New accounts ??? No way to know in advance. Nice try. :smileyhappy:


I saw that thread last night but and this is just IMHO 

I questioned the theory as its the first i've ever seen and may just have been an inexperiened CSR saying that

Because we all know Chase will HP for a $500 CLI's and some still end in denial 

 :smileysurprised:


myjourney,

I agree with you it was isolated case of inexperienced CS Rep.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,794
Registered: ‎07-01-2010
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


Fico2Go wrote:
A follow up to my recent posting on why you use credit cards.

How can we find out our CL in approved ...before risking our highly precious HP?

You can't find out your CL in advance.

 

But you can do some research, and get at least an idea of what's going to happen for a given lender.

 

For example, I got a Cash+ card recently, and one of the things that attracted me to it is the experiences of others in getting high CLs.

 

There are multiple credit card forums out there, along with Google, and you can get an idea of what to expect.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,569
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:


Someone here recently received $7100 CLI from Chase just by calling them back after receiving SM that they will do SP $7100. The amount of the increase was revealed in advance to him/ her and this is honestly the first time I hear something like that. Sometime the creditor will increase your CL for the amount of BT.

 

New accounts ??? No way to know in advance. Nice try. :smileyhappy:


I saw that thread last night but and this is just IMHO 

I questioned the theory as its the first i've ever seen and may just have been an inexperiened CSR saying that

Because we all know Chase will HP for a $500 CLI's and some still end in denial 

 :smileysurprised:


myjourney,

I agree with you it was isolated case of inexperienced CS Rep.


I read the same thread, so I sent a SM to chase....they were like "all cli are a hp, do you want to continue?"



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,723
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?


Swapmeet wrote:

Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Platinum wrote:

myjourney wrote:

You can't due to the fact you'll never know the lenders algorithm and all that factors into it:smileysurprised:


Someone here recently received $7100 CLI from Chase just by calling them back after receiving SM that they will do SP $7100. The amount of the increase was revealed in advance to him/ her and this is honestly the first time I hear something like that. Sometime the creditor will increase your CL for the amount of BT.

 

New accounts ??? No way to know in advance. Nice try. :smileyhappy:


I saw that thread last night but and this is just IMHO 

I questioned the theory as its the first i've ever seen and may just have been an inexperiened CSR saying that

Because we all know Chase will HP for a $500 CLI's and some still end in denial 

 :smileysurprised:


myjourney,

I agree with you it was isolated case of inexperienced CS Rep.


I read the same thread, so I sent a SM to chase....they were like "all cli are a hp, do you want to continue?"


ROFLOL yep

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/2013
Established Contributor
Posts: 948
Registered: ‎12-05-2013
0

Re: knowing credit line before approval?

I dont want to write off the possibility that the chase cli was legitimate. Amex can do it, so can chase on a case by case perhaps. Although unlikely as many have suggested.

User5387, I am not certain if DD on multiple site can give the answer needed since each cr is different. income is different too. so cl approval is the hidden element that creditors have over us.

Currently, we cant even form a pattern of simple approval based on Inquiries let alone cl approval.

Some people get approved with 20 inquiries while others get denied at 4.





Discover IT $12,500 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $11,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.