Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last app as a student

tag
cck5
Established Member

last app as a student

figure since i have the one card (AMEX green) i want. and the other two i want wont be accessible for a while. ill app for the discover it student card and see what happens. last app till mid 2014 regardless as i need time and patience to ever get that chase card. lets see how this goes. and hopefully i get approved with a decent limit.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: last app as a student

Question why student are you finishing school because if you are the IT would be a better choice with a chance for a higher limit

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@cck5 wrote:
figure since i have the one card (AMEX green) i want. and the other two i want wont be accessible for a while. ill app for the discover it student card and see what happens. last app till mid 2014 regardless as i need time and patience to ever get that chase card. lets see how this goes. and hopefully i get approved with a decent limit.

Hmm, might I recommend the Forward instead? 5x on restaurant and entertainment purchases (including amazon!). I only say that because the card is only available as a student card, while Discover has the student and regular flavor that you can get later on! So far I'm planning on apping May 2016 (if it's still around then), since that will be my last month and year as an official student if i don't decide to go for my Ph.D!

But if Citi isn't your thing, feel free to go with with the student Discover IT! best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
cck5
Established Member

got a message that my proof that i am indeed a student will need to be processsed in 5-7 days and than i shall receive a review and answer within days after that... should i call and try to expedite this?

Message 4 of 15
cck5
Established Member

should i just app for a regular IT now as well as see how that goes and cancel the student if anything?
Message 5 of 15
cck5
Established Member

stupid internet, creating double post. =(

Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I wouldn't app for another card until you take care of the one currently processing.
Message 7 of 15
cck5
Established Member

on the phone now doing a credit and personal questions ch...

on the phone now doing a credit and personal questions check.

DIscover reps are quite funny.

ill have my answer within the next few minutes.

Message 8 of 15
cck5
Established Member

approved for $500. yay

approved for $500. yay

Message 9 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@cck5 wrote:

Hmm, might I recommend the Forward instead? 5x on restaurant and entertainment purchases (including amazon!). I only say that because the card is only available as a student card, while Discover has the student and regular flavor that you can get later on! So far I'm planning on apping May 2016 (if it's still around then), since that will be my last month and year as an official student if i don't decide to go for my Ph.D!

But if Citi isn't your thing, feel free to go with with the student Discover IT! best of luck Smiley Happy

Amen.. wish I was a student now to app for this! LOL (I will when I go back for my BSN.)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.