Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left the garden for apps

tag
mrcrush20
New Contributor

left the garden for apps

i was planing on staying in the garden untill 2013 and paying my cards down over the next 6 months

i have a postive cash flow to pay them all off now but i thought i would pay them off in the next 6 to show i can carry a balance 

i apped for sony card (cap one) approved 

amazon store card approved

walmart store card approved

express next card approved

all of my subprime cards are about to hit one year my FP my orchard bank and cap one

now i will let them age together 

i know the store cards are not the best but i will never have a blance on them just raise my total accounts ane limits

score droped 17 points from apps

removed colection on TU score went up 30 :]

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: left the garden for apps

Just curious who are you showing you can carry a abalance? Paying interest to show a card company that may have millions of users and billions in charges, only costs you money with little to nothing to show for it. Just my opinion of course.
Message 2 of 8
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Agreed, show them you can PIF and save yourself the money.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
android01
Valued Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
Just curious who are you showing you can carry a abalance? Paying interest to show a card company that may have millions of users and billions in charges, only costs you money with little to nothing to show for it. Just my opinion of course.

+1.  Never, ever pay interest if you don't have to.  Carrying a balance will not impress a creditor, and just cost you more money in the end, especially if you can pay it off.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 4 of 8
quest208
Frequent Contributor

what were your balances before you applied for the walmart

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wait for all those new accts to hit your score, it will drop again.  I got approved earlier this month for 4 cards, I am expecting about a 40-50 pt drop.  So I will definitely be in the garden until the new cards are 1 year old.  If I end up with any AA, I will definitely learn my lesson about 4 cards in two days Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 8
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

+1 paying interest does nothing to help you build credit. It only benefits the banks. The best thing you can do is PIF each month.

You'll probably also get dinged when all 4 CC report because your AAoA probably took a nosedive, so you'll definitely want to take a break from apping. Remember to call GEMB for CLI @ 4 mos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but doesn't hurt to try. They're great w/CLIs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Remember upon receiving your walmart store card, to select paperless billing so that you can get the TU score monthly.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.