Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

left the garden

tag
Godwit1

left the garden

Hi everyone!

this is godwit, for some reason i've been unable to login to my original account so i had to recreate it. Anyway I've been pretty quiet lately, I was gardening for many months waiting for my 2 inquirys to fall off my account, well they have! I also moved away from a bad roommate situation and started business school so January has already been very busy for me! I intended on staying in the garden until April but given these recent events I took myself out early and applied for the Discover IT card. I have heard good things from you guys and gotten lots of "Pre Approved!" letters in the mail and decided to give it a shot. My main reason for applying was because my Capital One secured card only has a limit of 300 dollars and they did not give me an increase at the one-year mark of having the card, not to mention the annual fee and no rewards for having it. Since I got that card my credit has gone up over 100 points and I've aquired a Victorias Secret card through the shopping cart trick. Discover IT not only has its rewards but has 0%APR for the first 14 months, perfect since I have to buy books and want to clear out some financial garbage I'm still spending money on (my massive phone bill!).

Well, I applied, got the 7-10 days message, called recon, found out that my change of address was keeping my application from going through. I sent a screencap of my bank statement with my new address on it, called recon again and was "tentatively approved" for a line of 2500! The analyst said she made a note recommending approval and I should get officially approved by the end of today or tomorrow!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: left the garden

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats
Message 3 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 10
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, nice starting limit.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 5 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy welcome to the Discover family
"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 8 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Godwit1 wrote:

Hi everyone!

this is godwit, for some reason i've been unable to login to my original account so i had to recreate it. Anyway I've been pretty quiet lately, I was gardening for many months waiting for my 2 inquirys to fall off my account, well they have! I also moved away from a bad roommate situation and started business school so January has already been very busy for me! I intended on staying in the garden until April but given these recent events I took myself out early and applied for the Discover IT card. I have heard good things from you guys and gotten lots of "Pre Approved!" letters in the mail and decided to give it a shot. My main reason for applying was because my Capital One secured card only has a limit of 300 dollars and they did not give me an increase at the one-year mark of having the card, not to mention the annual fee and no rewards for having it. Since I got that card my credit has gone up over 100 points and I've aquired a Victorias Secret card through the shopping cart trick. Discover IT not only has its rewards but has 0%APR for the first 14 months, perfect since I have to buy books and want to clear out some financial garbage I'm still spending money on (my massive phone bill!).

Well, I applied, got the 7-10 days message, called recon, found out that my change of address was keeping my application from going through. I sent a screencap of my bank statement with my new address on it, called recon again and was "tentatively approved" for a line of 2500! The analyst said she made a note recommending approval and I should get officially approved by the end of today or tomorrow!

Congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approval!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.