Did you mean: 

lets try this out for size

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lets try this out for size

heres the scoop:

cap one CL $500 balance= $5.00 cap one reports to CRA on 9th

Orchard CL $300 balance= $5.00 orchard reports to CRA on 3rd   When i paid them to $0 every month = no score increase! they want me to pay interest????? system is flaud for sure. What makes sense for smart financing doesnt make sense for credit score increasing???? sounds to me like the CC company and the CRA are friends!!! ha!

All other baddies paid in full deleted (1) state tax lien paid in full (if anyone has any knowledge about GW or any other tricks for removal of this would be HUGE) THANKS

Lets see if this whole UTL being super low really will let me see a jump in score ( god i hope so )

GOAL= progress           

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: lets try this out for size

Once you receive the statement showing the $5 balance, you would then PIF... The $5 should report, I would only have 1 account actual report a balance though. Rotate.

Message 2 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Once you receive the statement showing the $5 balance, you would then PIF... The $5 should report, I would only have 1 account actual report a balance though. Rotate.

+1

And yes djt1977 (OP),  they are "friends" btw.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Just because it reports to the CRA's doesn't mean you are paying them interest.  You only pay interest if it doesn't get paid in full before the next statement cuts.

Message 5 of 10
clocktick
Valued Contributor

You never have to pay interest.  It matters what is reported when the statement drops. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 10
FrugalRican
Blogger

Statement Date /= Due Date

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok great! thanks for the responses

So just to clear this up, I will PIF the $5.00 after they report on the 9th I get that. So I should pay the other $5.00 now and show a $0 balance on the other CC when they report? i am trying to get the best score for auto lease. I was told that a $0 balance actually lowers scores, and I can admit mine did drop when I showed $0 balance. I never use CC's but its a great way to build your score. So would i see better score increase if 1 CC shows $5 balance and the other is $0 balance. Why do I feel like this is pointless? I hate playing games and thats what this is! Wouldnt a smart person think you should be rewarded for responsibilty and carrying a $0 balance (no interest) is the smart thing to do??? Nope instead you have to monitor your CC reporting dates and manipulate your payments in the correct time frame or your screwed! RUBBISH! And you guys are right they are all friends, Im in Illinois where we have 5 past governors in jail!!!!!!!!!!! and I have to worry about UTL??? Something is really messed up but if you cant beat em, let them beat you! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry if the last post seemed like i was complaining!!! im certainly not complaining!

my scores have increased over 85 points in 2 months! im excited just hate games

Message 9 of 10
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

ok great! thanks for the responses

So just to clear this up, I will PIF the $5.00 after they report on the 9th I get that. So I should pay the other $5.00 now and show a $0 balance on the other CC when they report? i am trying to get the best score for auto lease. I was told that a $0 balance actually lowers scores, and I can admit mine did drop when I showed $0 balance. I never use CC's but its a great way to build your score. So would i see better score increase if 1 CC shows $5 balance and the other is $0 balance. Why do I feel like this is pointless? I hate playing games and thats what this is! Wouldnt a smart person think you should be rewarded for responsibilty and carrying a $0 balance (no interest) is the smart thing to do??? Nope instead you have to monitor your CC reporting dates and manipulate your payments in the correct time frame or your screwed! RUBBISH! And you guys are right they are all friends, Im in Illinois where we have 5 past governors in jail!!!!!!!!!!! and I have to worry about UTL??? Something is really messed up but if you cant beat em, let them beat you! 

(1) Yes, you PIF after the 9th.

(2) Yes, get 1 card down to 0, keep the other one at $5.

(3) You are being rewarded for your responsibility, it's called not paying interest.

(4) It's all a game, but at least you know how to play it now, so you can come out winning.

(5) Good luck on the auto lease.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.