Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letting 3k go to collections?..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: letting 3k go to collections?..

@Loquat wrote:

If you're not going to college until August...why not pick up another part time job now...or 2 additional part time jobs if you can?  Don't let this ruin your credit...it's not worth it...and even a few hours a week at a local grocery store or even Walmart would help.  

+1

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Everyone else is chiming in with excellent advice (and I concur!) but just to address your AA question, I can say it is very likely any Synchrony cards you have will get AA'd, if not closed completely.  I know this from past personal experience.  Smiley Sad

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I don't have up-to-date information on any other specific lenders.

That amount of money isn't insurmountable... with a little ingenuity, you should be able to figure something out, even if it is using some of your financial aid "living expense" money to make minimum payments until something better is worked out. 

Trust me... you really don't want to go down the collections/charge off road. 

Sound advice

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  Call them.  Find any type of work.  Just accept someone to pay you till college.

I had a charge off go to collections. 

That was 2014.

it is 2016 and that collection is not dropping till 2020.  I have JUST HIT FAIR CREDIT CATEGORY since that 2014 charge off.

Dont be like me.  Call them. Sell things on Craigslist. eBay.  Part time work.  Downsize your current living, who needs cable?  Your future self will thank you. 

+1 All excellent suggestions.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

This is just a possibility most likely Momma will just pay this off for me I just talked to her when she got home!Smiley Very Happy

It's nice of your mom to pay your debts, but if it were me I would try to figure this out on my own. Mom isn't always gonna be there to bail you out. That's part of being an adult, I'm not rying to bash on you or anything just stating what I would do. 

True!

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.