Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

likehood of discover approval?

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

likehood of discover approval?

Okay, here we go.. I just signed up myfico 10 days free trial thing not even 2 hours ago Smiley Happy FICO Score is showing 680 and I am assuming its EQUIFAX and I know Discover likes to pull EQ.. BK date shows 05/08 and no baddies ever since my post BK... Also it shows no new INQ at all .. and I am guessing it goes back 24 months .. on discover site it shows 0% BT rates for 14 months or click on one of those links on here to get 18 months 0% BT.. which one should I go with? one is showing 20.99% after time is up other one shows 19.99% .. I might just do over the phone app instead of online to see if it works out better for me.. Also I have never IIB them as well.. so do I have a shot? or should I wait until May to hit my 5th year since BK ? any advices or tips would be appericated. would be my 1st prime card to have since BK has started almost 5 years ago. 

EDIT: how do you insert those MyFICO scores in siggy lines?

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: likehood of discover approval?

I had a Chapter 7 BK in 2004 but no lates, baddies since. Discover approved me but had to call in. The BT offer on line was better than what they gave me so don't expect the BT offer or interest rate  the website says with your BK

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 2 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@SnowBowl wrote:

Okay, here we go.. I just signed up myfico 10 days free trial thing not even 2 hours ago Smiley Happy FICO Score is showing 680 and I am assuming its EQUIFAX and I know Discover likes to pull EQ.. BK date shows 05/08 and no baddies ever since my post BK... Also it shows no new INQ at all .. and I am guessing it goes back 24 months .. on discover site it shows 0% BT rates for 14 months or click on one of those links on here to get 18 months 0% BT.. which one should I go with? one is showing 20.99% after time is up other one shows 19.99% .. I might just do over the phone app instead of online to see if it works out better for me.. Also I have never IIB them as well.. so do I have a shot? or should I wait until May to hit my 5th year since BK ? any advices or tips would be appericated. would be my 1st prime card to have since BK has started almost 5 years ago. 

EDIT: how do you insert those MyFICO scores in siggy lines?

Welcome to the forum. To better answer your question about Discover it would help if you provide a little more information regarding you credit profile. Have you re established your credit since your discharge? If so, what card limits and how long have you had them?  Also Discover usually pulls EQ but they can also  pull TU. 

Message 3 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, will update my siggy later tonight..   got that 7-10 days message thing..  does this means instant rejected? I checked my email to see if discover sent me "denial letter" in .pdf attachment and so far I haven't got that denial messages..

here little bit more info about my credit profile..

Barclays Apple Visa Card $80 BAL / $3200 CL

Junipers Card  $1650 BAL / $4600 CL

Premier Card $200 BAL / $850 CL  ( Junk will get rid of this one )

Merriack Bank  $1200 BAL / $3000 CL

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 5 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@SnowBowl wrote:

Thanks, will update my siggy later tonight..   got that 7-10 days message thing..  does this means instant rejected? I checked my email to see if discover sent me "denial letter" in .pdf attachment and so far I haven't got that denial messages..

here little bit more info about my credit profile..

Barclays Apple Visa Card $80 BAL / $3200 CL

Junipers Card  $1650 BAL / $4600 CL

Premier Card $200 BAL / $850 CL  ( Junk will get rid of this one )

Merriack Bank  $1200 BAL / $3000 CL

No, it doesn't mean instant  denial - they may want to verify your identity or ask you questions. You can find their number on the Backdoor Sticky. 

Goodluck. 

Message 6 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Wow, this is crazy... just spoke to Discover .. she told me I need to fix charge offs from 98 ( Chase ) and 03 ( BOA ) to get Discover Card.. This is weird.. she said my 08 BK did not factored in decision for not approving me at the moment but told me to go on equifax.com to fix those 2 charge offs... 

EDIT: Oh and she also told me call back in 45 days then they will refresh my CR to see if those 2 charge offs are fixed.

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 7 of 21
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@SnowBowl wrote:

Wow, this is crazy... just spoke to Discover .. she told me I need to fix charge offs from 98 ( Chase ) and 03 ( BOA ) to get Discover Card.. This is weird.. she said my 08 BK did not factored in decision for not approving me at the moment but told me to go on equifax.com to fix those 2 charge offs... 

EDIT: Oh and she also told me call back in 45 days then they will refresh my CR to see if those 2 charge offs are fixed.

How is the '98 CO still showing on ur CR? And the '03 BoA CO? Shouldnt t have bee ndeleted by now?

When they refrersh in 45 days will it be another HP or a SP?

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 21
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

that puzzles me as well.. I just paid $17.95 on Equifax web site then I added both accounts  to dispute then I selected the "should have been included in BK" reasons then I submitted and it gave me a case numbers and says I should hear from them in 45 days.. its very simple and easy almost like ordering stuff online Smiley Very Happy and to answer your question..  2nd HP thats okay with me she told me I had no INQ on EQUIFAX!

VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 9 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@SnowBowl wrote:

Your bureau shows CO from 98 and 03?  when you reviewed your report from MyFico were these accounts listed? Definitely due an online dispute with EQ - you might want to pull your reports from all 3 CB.  Annualcredit reports.com will let you pull all 3 for free.  There might be other things lurking that you weren't aware of and you don't want to waste another inquiry.  

When Discover 'refreshes' your report that means another HP so you want to make sure your bureaus are clean and your util is low. 

goodluck!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.