Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limits over 25k, checkin!

tag
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

Re: limits over 25k, checkin!

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa...$28K CL opened just last month.  I told them I wanted to specific amount as a balance transfer sink and they granted the request.

My Chase Freedom is at $25K now after years of being at $13.5K.

Two other cards both opened at $20K in an app spree last week.  One was an Amex BCP...I will probably try for at least $30K at CLI time.

Amex Platinum high mark was once at $39K last year, now zero.

Message 11 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Word on the street is...
Amex does something similar to a FR when you request $25k or above so be careful,sevenfeet!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Word on the street is...
Amex does something similar to a FR when you request $25k or above so be careful,sevenfeet!

my brother went from $18k on his Blue to $33.3k with no issues. Just hit the LUV button on his account. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I'm at 25k on NFCU and 22k on my lowes card by amex. 

I don't think its becaus of my great credit history... as I have a collection reporting and my scores aren't that great.

I think its a function of how much I spend and pay off on cards, also income...

Personal income is 130k now.... 100k from W-2 and 30k from business and other sources....  got a raise from my job on Friday...

My credit history is pretty long...  14 years total history...   My discover card is my first tradeline opened in December 1999  ... AAoA is 6

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 18
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I have a Bank of America Visa that had a $100,000 limit pre recession. Sometime during the recession period they reduced the limit to $24,000 out of the blue but after several very testy phone calls it was increased to it's current limit of $46,000. Saw moderate usage but nowhere near the limit and was PIF almost every month. I ran a lot of business purchases thru this card before I got business cards. 

Funny thing is I almost never use it now, and when I do it's always PIF. I hate Bank of America and have closed nearly every checking and savings account I had with them and am in the process of moving investments from Merrill Lynch. I expect a reduction eventually but until then it can sit there and look sweet on my credit reports. One of my oldest cards. 

Message 15 of 18
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

You can see my limits in my siggy, including a $25K AMEX.  I started off with a Gold NPSL card which I kept for a year.  After that I got the Gold Skymiles with a $2K CL which was the card I really wanted, so I closed the Gold NPSL. At some point I PC's to Platinum. I learned about the 60 day CLI long after I had passed that mark so I called it and got it up to $6K.  Six months later I was at $18K and six months later I did the maximum you can do on their automated line and got $25K.  Been sitting there for 8 months now.  Any future CLI's will probably be initiated by AMEX.  

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 16 of 18
jetjaguar

Chase SP .. 28,700 .. i applied when i was at my local branch and the guy said that was the highest limit he had seenSmiley Surprised this was less than a year ago

Message 17 of 18
riker20
New Contributor

NFCU Plat @ 40k and Chase Sapphire @ 38k

Just kept asking for CLI's every 4-6 months over the last 2-3 years.

NFCU Flagship - 50k | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 38k | AMEX BCE - 29.3k | Best Buy Store Card - 21k | Furniture Row - 19.7k | Lowes Card - 16k | NFCU LOC - 15k | Amazon Store - 12k | Macy's - 6000
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.